close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Where to buy factory AR?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by China boy, Feb 13, 2013.

1. China boy

China boy

Feb 2, 2013
    I've been posting a little about building an AR. But, where can you buy a complete one? I know stock is low at stores, but when I do see them for sale it would be hit or miss for the make and model. Can you ordered them through a local gun store? Even prior to the recent gun law scare, how would you get the make and model you so desired?

2. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    Look around on the classifieds, order one if you can or just wait.

3. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Any LGS worth spit should be able to order anything you want. Get the info on what you want and go order it! Unless you reside in one of the many states that restrict your right to own!!:whistling:

4. China boy

China boy

Feb 2, 2013
    Excuse me for being a gun newbie but what is a LGS? I assume that is a place that does sales and transfers. And your saying I could go to a local gun dealer and say get me this model and make of gun and they will order it and do the transfer?

5. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    LGS= Local Gun Store.

Yes, any decent LGS should be able to place an order. You may have to wait forever due to the current issues.

6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    You are buying at a pretty ugly time as you know. I would check with your LGS as posted already and just keep an eye out. It's not a easy thing to find right now so be ready for much looking and little finding. Just don't give up and good luck!

7. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

Feb 27, 2007
    ...in the neighborhood.
    I am waiting on a DD V7, ORDERED, and a Smith and Wesson AR10 Camo, ORDERED...

Ka-CHING!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  8. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    This^^
    Also, be prepared to take what the salesman says with a grain of salt. Just because somebody works in a gun store doesn’t mean they really know what they’re talking about.
    Watch out for statements like “This one is 100% mil spec.” or “This is what the SEAL’s use.” Verify facts before you buy.

9. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    watch www.slickguns.com for deals. there have been a couple in stock today. If it were me I would wait a little while. Prices are dropping every couple days.

10. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    S&W doesn't make "AR-10s".:whistling:, so you'll be waiting a long time.

11. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Geeze. Pedantic much?

S&W M&P10

There are a couple/three in the box in my LGS.

12. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    Nice :wavey:

The hoi polloi would just say anal-retentive

13. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    It was on my word-of-the-day toilet paper. Had to work it in somewhere :cool:

14. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    Yes, you can order what ever you want.

WHen you will actually get it is impossible to tell. It will probably be a few to several months.

If you want one now, do not bother "ordering" one. Go onto sites like Gunbroker and find what you want and buy it.

Or keep checking your local Walmart for stock.

15. MARSH1

MARSH1 Dealer Silver Member

May 21, 2007
    Texas
    Many manufacturers are not taking new orders. Just filling orders existing dealers have programed out for the the foreseeable future.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  16. S9Man

S9Man

Feb 15, 2005
    Farm country
    AR's are being delvered to retailers. I live in the twin cites area of Minnesota. My employment gives me quite a bit of free time during the day and I frequent quite a few gunshops and large chain stores (Cabela's, Mills Fleet Farm,Gander Mountain). I've bought 2 AR's at Cabela's with in the last month, and one at Mills Fleet Farm.These stores are also getting ammo but it does not last long. I tell everyone that asks me not to over pay for anything. The guns are being shipped and there will be a point where the hoarders and speculators will be tapped out (myself included!).