close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where is your spare mag?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by CTfam, Aug 7, 2012.

1. CTfam

CTfam
    Expand Collapse
    DREAM BIG.

I must admit I've been slacking on packing a spare mag lately. :embarassed: I know, I know... I used to be good about it. I think I need a new mag carrier... Curious what's working for people out there.

So please tell me. Do you carry a spare mag? How many? In what? And where is it located? THANKS! :wavey:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DaneA

DaneA
    Expand Collapse

Well at them moment I think it is in the center console of my truck. I'm sitting in a hotel room. I guess I figure if 10 rounds doesn't get me out of a situation then f-it. I just don't have enough belt to carry all the stuff that some people on here do.

3. quichedem

quichedem
    Expand Collapse

Same here. Mine is usually in my vehicle if I'm out and about. I never carry a spare mag on me.

4. gunowner1

gunowner1
    Expand Collapse

I carry two spare G19 or G30 mags all the time. I combined two glock mag holsters using CompTac screws. I also carry cell phone, keys, cigs, wallet, and one or two knives. Oh and a glock in a CompTac MTac. Sometimes carry my LCP in my cargo pocket in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster along with my primary. All hidden with a normal sized t-shirt or button down shirt. I live in South Florida so I like to keep it light as it gets pretty hot down here.

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

Safariland 123 at 10-11 o'clock. < $20, very concealable, doesn't poke me in the side like verticals do, and I can clip my 4.5" tactical light to the underside.

[​IMG]

#5 cowboy1964, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  6. dustbusterplus

dustbusterplus
    Expand Collapse

+1

I love this mag holster. I am needing to get a second one for the DB9 mag.

7. Arc Angel

Arc Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Deus Vult!

45 ACP: One 17 round Arredondo magazine carried on the opposite side of my belt and in a single Blade-Tech Kydex belt pouch that's fitted with a quick on/off Tek-Lok clasp.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/499/bladetech2.jpg

9MM: Two 17 round magazines carried in two single #250 Hellweg open-top speed pouches that are located on the other side of my belt. (Not a generally well-known company, here, in America; but I've been using their high quality leather goods for more than a quarter century.)

http://www.hellweg.com.au/

8. Angry Fist

Angry Fist
    Expand Collapse
    *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad
    2. Show Me Glockers

I keep a 15 round mag of UA 200gr XTP's, and a 20 round mag of UA 200gr FMJ in a Fobus in my truck. For when I don't want to carry a reload, it's still there.

9. defend2nd

defend2nd
    Expand Collapse

I keep one spare in a nightstand drawer and another in the center console of my vehicle.

David

10. youngdocglock

youngdocglock
    Expand Collapse

Next to my gun on the table :-D

In all seriousness. I have a blackhawk duel mag carrier that i wear on my belt. so with my EDC G22. i have 46 rounds total. I also have a 22 rounder in the glove box of my car.....just in case :-D

11. Jagged

Jagged
    Expand Collapse

Back pocket in a wallet holster.

The G19 only has the light on it for night-stand duty.

Attached Files:

12. youngdocglock

youngdocglock
    Expand Collapse

oh come on, carry it! haha my EDC is a 22 with a TLR-2. Only issue is finding a quality concealable holster for the setup.

Have you fired it with the light ? i've noticed some recoil reduction due to the extra few ounces :)

13. mingaa

mingaa
    Expand Collapse

Cargo pants pocket, belt may holder, sport coat inner breast pocket - whatever suits the duds of the day. I carry a Kahr CW9 and/or a Taurus 709 in pretty deep carry. With 7 or 8+1 spare mags are a must IMHO.

14. Jagged

Jagged
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it shoots like a dream with the light on. Find me an MTAC body to support the light and I'll carry it :cool:

15. youngdocglock

youngdocglock
    Expand Collapse

Issue i have with mine is whenever i take the light off.....then put it back on the weapon. My laser sighting gets messed up. usually a inch to the left, so i have to re-adjust it :(

16. Jagged

Jagged
    Expand Collapse

I have a TLR-1, I don't care for lasers.

17. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer
    Expand Collapse

I always carry a spare mag. Just hate the thought of shooting dry, and having no reload. I'm not as concerned about having a fast reload, as just having a reload.

So I carry a spare mag in my pocket. Usually in a nylon mag pouch. If carrying a snubby, I carry the reload in a flat pouch.

18. boomhower

boomhower
    Expand Collapse

90% of the time in a OWB kydex holder. When I am wearing a tighter shirt it's in my weak side pocket. Regardless I always have a one on me. Gun only holds seven so I want a bit more plus theres always a chance of a magazine malfunction.

19. Creatism

Creatism
    Expand Collapse

Usually have a spare mag in my off side front pocket. Also a bug in the other front pocket. Most of the time, I might leave the bug at home but I always have a spare mag on me.

Typed from my iPhone with my thumbs!!

20. NEOH212

NEOH212
    Expand Collapse
    Diesel Girl

I usually carry one spare on me but sometimes I carry two. I carry my spare on my weak side on my belt. It sits in a Raven Concealment magazine holder with all the Magpul Dynamics options.