close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where is your spare mag?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by CTfam, Aug 7, 2012.

1. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Feb 19, 2006
    Paradise
    I must admit I've been slacking on packing a spare mag lately. :embarassed: I know, I know... I used to be good about it. I think I need a new mag carrier... Curious what's working for people out there.

So please tell me. Do you carry a spare mag? How many? In what? And where is it located? THANKS! :wavey:

2. DaneA

DaneA

Mar 7, 2011
    Chattanooga
    Well at them moment I think it is in the center console of my truck. I'm sitting in a hotel room. I guess I figure if 10 rounds doesn't get me out of a situation then f-it. I just don't have enough belt to carry all the stuff that some people on here do.

3. Same here. Mine is usually in my vehicle if I'm out and about. I never carry a spare mag on me.

4. gunowner1

gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    I carry two spare G19 or G30 mags all the time. I combined two glock mag holsters using CompTac screws. I also carry cell phone, keys, cigs, wallet, and one or two knives. Oh and a glock in a CompTac MTac. Sometimes carry my LCP in my cargo pocket in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster along with my primary. All hidden with a normal sized t-shirt or button down shirt. I live in South Florida so I like to keep it light as it gets pretty hot down here.

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Safariland 123 at 10-11 o'clock. < $20, very concealable, doesn't poke me in the side like verticals do, and I can clip my 4.5" tactical light to the underside.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  6. dustbusterplus

dustbusterplus

Oct 27, 2010
    West Texas
    +1

I love this mag holster. I am needing to get a second one for the DB9 mag.

7. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    45 ACP: One 17 round Arredondo magazine carried on the opposite side of my belt and in a single Blade-Tech Kydex belt pouch that's fitted with a quick on/off Tek-Lok clasp.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/499/bladetech2.jpg

9MM: Two 17 round magazines carried in two single #250 Hellweg open-top speed pouches that are located on the other side of my belt. (Not a generally well-known company, here, in America; but I've been using their high quality leather goods for more than a quarter century.)

http://www.hellweg.com.au/

8. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    I keep a 15 round mag of UA 200gr XTP's, and a 20 round mag of UA 200gr FMJ in a Fobus in my truck. For when I don't want to carry a reload, it's still there.

9. defend2nd

defend2nd

Aug 5, 2012
    SW Florida
    I keep one spare in a nightstand drawer and another in the center console of my vehicle.

David

10. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

Jun 28, 2012
    NH
    Next to my gun on the table :-D

In all seriousness. I have a blackhawk duel mag carrier that i wear on my belt. so with my EDC G22. i have 46 rounds total. I also have a 22 rounder in the glove box of my car.....just in case :-D

11. Jagged

Jagged

Jan 3, 2012
    SWVA
    Back pocket in a wallet holster.

The G19 only has the light on it for night-stand duty.

Attached Files:

12. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

Jun 28, 2012
    NH
    oh come on, carry it! haha my EDC is a 22 with a TLR-2. Only issue is finding a quality concealable holster for the setup.

Have you fired it with the light ? i've noticed some recoil reduction due to the extra few ounces :)

13. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Cargo pants pocket, belt may holder, sport coat inner breast pocket - whatever suits the duds of the day. I carry a Kahr CW9 and/or a Taurus 709 in pretty deep carry. With 7 or 8+1 spare mags are a must IMHO.

14. Jagged

Jagged

Jan 3, 2012
    SWVA
    Yeah, it shoots like a dream with the light on. Find me an MTAC body to support the light and I'll carry it :cool:

15. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

Jun 28, 2012
    NH
    Issue i have with mine is whenever i take the light off.....then put it back on the weapon. My laser sighting gets messed up. usually a inch to the left, so i have to re-adjust it :(

16. Jagged

Jagged

Jan 3, 2012
    SWVA
    I have a TLR-1, I don't care for lasers.

17. I always carry a spare mag. Just hate the thought of shooting dry, and having no reload. I'm not as concerned about having a fast reload, as just having a reload.

So I carry a spare mag in my pocket. Usually in a nylon mag pouch. If carrying a snubby, I carry the reload in a flat pouch.

18. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    90% of the time in a OWB kydex holder. When I am wearing a tighter shirt it's in my weak side pocket. Regardless I always have a one on me. Gun only holds seven so I want a bit more plus theres always a chance of a magazine malfunction.

19. Creatism

Creatism

Dec 25, 2011
    Usually have a spare mag in my off side front pocket. Also a bug in the other front pocket. Most of the time, I might leave the bug at home but I always have a spare mag on me.

Typed from my iPhone with my thumbs!!

20. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    I usually carry one spare on me but sometimes I carry two. I carry my spare on my weak side on my belt. It sits in a Raven Concealment magazine holder with all the Magpul Dynamics options.