close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Where is your Light mounted on your M4?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by BLACK Z, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    I keep mine at 3 o' clock. I find it helps prevents white light ND's, and keeps it away from my gear....then again, I set my weapons up the same way I set my weapon up at my unit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

2. pbs357

pbs357

Jan 10, 2010
    SW PA
    6 o'clock, in an Elzetta mount, just forward of a magpul AFG.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. pag23

pag23

Jul 28, 2008
    Eastern PA
    Three o clock works for me. I use my left thumb to operate my surefire light cap mounted in a VTAC mount. I use a vertical grip which is comfortable for me

4. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    My TRL-1 is mounted at the 3 o'clock position. If I had a mid or full lenght I would mount it at the 6 o'clock position.

5. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Jun 6, 2008
    1:30 for me. Works well, keeps it out of the way when I don't want it, close enough to activate with a finger if I need it.

6. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    I have grow to like the VFG/4:30 combo. I am not a thumb over bore style shooter and having the VFG up front puts support hand thumb in a good position to toggle a tail cap button.
    [​IMG]

Since I'm dumping the quad rail, my next purchase will be the IWC MOE light mount @ 10:30.

7. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    Have you tried an A-frame rail? When I had a carbine, I had a TRL-1 mounted to the FSB and it worked out well.

8. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Why are you ditching the quad rail?

9. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    3 o'clock on my 10.5" LMT upper, Bushy lower. It's a Surefire G2 in a Vltor mount. No pressure switch.

I'm a lefty, and I've found that to be the best setup.

I don't have a current pic. I still only have a pic of when my Bushy was the Patrolman model. Even before putting on rails and Aimpoint.

10. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    My needs outweigh my wants. I have no need for a quad rail.

11. 3 o clock with a pressure switch mounted on the VFG

12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I use a Streamlight TLR-1 at 9 o'clock. Anyone else run a "pistol" light on a carbine?

13. toddmog

toddmog

May 28, 2007
    Kansas
    I have plans to do just that. Right now I'm using an old G2 in an offset mount. I love the TLR-1s on my G17...though I disabled the strobe feature immediately.

14. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

Aug 21, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Kinda the same boat here. I've made the move away from quad-rails to MOE handguards, especially on my mid-lengths. For my uses, I have no need for a top rail on the forearm, and only part of the rail on the sides. The only full rail I make use of is the bottom. So why am I going to haul the extra weight of a quad-rail around?

MOE guards, and add the rails only where I need them. Comfortable, lightweight, and effective, even if they don't look as cool, lol.
    :tongueout:

15. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

Aug 21, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Oh, and OP...

10:30 support side, I use an AFG, so that's perfect for quick activation.

16. not personally but this seems to be a growing trend especially with the "cutout" rails that extend beyond the front sight. if it works it works, my TLR-1 and the X300s are every bit as bright as my Scout M300A "rifle" light.