close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Where is it??

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Ralphumor, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Ralphumor

Ralphumor NRA Life Member

Mar 22, 2004
    KY
    Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I don't have good mechanical skills. I have a 1985 1200 Goldwing. Does anyone know where the fuel filter is? Any help will be nice. It is cutting out a little at 3700 RPM. I was going to change the fuel filter and the plugs and hope that fixes it. Thanks

2. blackopsglock

blackopsglock smckma

Oct 6, 2002
    get yourself a Haynes manual or clymer manual for that model.

Clymer manuals give you step by step instuctions on what to take off and put back on.Best for a begginer.IF you can take a tank off a bike,,you should be able to find the fuel filter.

http://www.clymer.com/Book.aspx?bid=878&title=Honda+GL1200+Gold+Wing,+1984-1987

3. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Sep 1, 2005
    N E Louisiana
    [​IMG]

Just happen to have one 1986. I got this image from a bike on Ebay now.

1 look where you push the rear brake petal.

2look up and find the chrome circle about 6 inches (on real bike)

Right behind it you can see the filter.

Get a Clymers AND the real Honda Shop Manual
    Mine

[​IMG]

Good Luck and Ride Safe

4. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Yes it is! :)

5. Only in the proper context!

:cool:

6. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Exactly!

How's things going? I haven't gone up your way in a while, so I haven't had a chance to try to touch base with you.

7. Busy as heck, but 2 months to Motor School :banana: So not only will I get to ride my :harley: around, but I will get PAID to ride a :harley: around!!!:woohoo:

8. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO

Nice, I just got my motorman videos, so while that won't exactly make me a motor officer, it should improve my skills on the Valk. I borrowed an earlier version from a friend and they helped tremendously.

9. Yeah, I ordered the latest and I plan on getting a Northwestern instructor in to help "tutor" me before the class.

Now that the roads have cleared finally, maybe I can get out and practice the mean lean of the big bike!!!!