close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where else?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by jdavionic, Sep 23, 2012.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    Agreed. I lived through cold war, carter, etc. too. However I don't want to leave a false impression. I was not in the military during any of these times and was a child during Vietnam (I'm 48). Yes, my Dad served our country...along with many others in my family. It's not a matter of fighting an enemy to save our nation using guns. It's a matter of possibly having a nation go through an economic collapse.

The challenge is finding a country that is not tied at the hip to the US economy, but also finding a country with freedom in the many areas that we presently enjoy here.

I know some mentioned UK, Ireland, and Canada...I just see those as being too dependent upon the US.

2. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    I completely agree with you!

That said I would bet that you would have a very hard time getting a country to let you in post SHTF. Most countries are very firm on protecting there borders and don't want the refugees of the U.S. as extra baggage.

3. Maine1

Maine1

Jul 20, 2007
    Maine
    I have a real hard time believing that an American would be better off leaving and getting ready in another country, rather than doing so here.

besides, this is OUR country- when things get rough are you going to buckle down and get to the business of living, or try to run away? Nobody improves anything by running away. ( ok, a few people could improve the US by leaving, but that's not who we are talking about.)

4. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Amen!

5. I've been to most of those other places.

No thank you.

6. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    I don't think there is anywhere else that won't be affected by our collapse. Greece has lied about their debt and is now reporting it as double. The Eurozone is starting to experience inflation while the ECB (European Central bank) has taken on another round of money printing as has Japan and as has the US. The western world is trying to inflate their monetary problems away.
    People in third world countries are more attuned to survival and won't be hit as hard as we will be but I think I would rather weather the collapse in the US or perhaps Canada.

7. sebecman

sebecman

Jun 13, 2008
    Maine
    Good luck with that.

America is worth staying in, trust me. Even an economically weakened America beats most anywhere else in the world.

PS - You can dismiss my opinion if you since I don't buy into the complete collapse theories. Sure we have some hard times coming but I don't see a meltdown of the scale some here talk about.

8. sebecman

sebecman

Jun 13, 2008
    Maine
    The OP said "If you believe in an economic collapse" - I don't. I thik it is bad and will get worse, especially if we actually tangle with Iran....

But I don't see the economy ever getting so bad that I will tuck my tail and flee to another country.

Oh and conversely, too much Ramen and not enough Rambo gets you just as dead. :cool: - not that I am a rambo type, but a healthy balance is key to most things.

9. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Jul 11, 2003
    Republic of Texas
    Even during the worst of times there are those who will thrive, economically. I would do my best to take advantage of the situation.

10. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    I could live on Vancouver Island (BC).

Granted I'd have to dump most of my firearms as they probably are not importable into Canada.