Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Where do YOU shop?

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by Indy_Guy_77, Feb 10, 2007.

1. I was thinking about this the other day and decided to post it. I think that I know where MOST of the "gun shops" are in many of the places that I routinely find myself; but others might not know about them.

So, I thought I'd list where "my" shops are. Perhaps this can be made a "sticky" if several others wish to post their spots, too?

Bal Hinch Country Store
    SR 47 and Airport Road
    Doesn't keep much inventory, but can special order.

New York Shoe Shop
    Now closed due to John's passing.

Sportsman's Warehouse
    Creasy and SR 26
    fair to high prices. New firearms only. Ammuntion seems average

Arrows III
    SR 25 and I-65
    Mostly archery, but has some firearms.

Lafayette Guns & Gear
    2420 Glick St
    Decent prices on new and used, decent prices on ammunition.
    Plenty of other 'stuff', too. (holsters, knives, etc)

Walker Taxidermy & Sporting
    SR 25 and OLD US 231
    prices seem a bit high to me

*need name*
    Concord Rd, north of CR 350 S, South of Teal
    on side-street...Olympic or Olympia?
    high prices
    indoor range

Jerry's Gun Shop
    565 W Kannal Ave (north of Walmart about 1/2 mile)

There's a new(er) shop downtown
    (more info needed, please)

Second Amendment Guns
    S. Main St.
    Class III dealer (I believe)
    Prices seemed a tad high

-Michigan City
    US 20, about 4 miles East of US 421
    7625 W Us Highway 20

Strictly Shooting
    Stockwell Rd. and Indiana St. -east side, south of the mall
    indoor range

Wyatt's Sporting Goods
    40 E. Buckeye
    Class III
    Prices are a bit high.

Gander Mountain
    Near the Mall
    US 30 and I-65

-Indianapolis and suburbs
    Gander Mountain
    North of Castleton Mall, on 86th St.

Gander Mountain
    I-65 south and County Line Road

Don's Guns
    38th & Georgetown
    (I hope that no one will EVER give even a dollar to this enterprise)
    indoor range

Pop Guns
    Just south of Post and Washington on the East side
    indoor range
    average prices

Albro Guns
    S. Emerson St (south of 465)
    4578 S Emerson Ave
    nice folks
    average prices

Wanamaker Guns
    7915 Southeastern Ave
    average to 'just rite' prices
    nice folks
    mil-surp rifles

Bradis Guns
    6939 S Kentucky Ave
    very knowledgable employees
    good prices
    ammunition galore
    mil-surp rifles

Pawn shop
    38th and Illinois
    Do special orders
    inventory is small and mostly "cheap"...

Pawn Shop
    10th & Alton
    prices slightly high
    decent inventory for a pawn shop

500 Guns
    3602 W 16th St
    HIGH prices

Elmore's Guns - Greenwood
    SR 135 and Fairview. Behind Mike's Carwash
    large inventory
    average to high prices
    foul-mouthed employees/owner
    cigar and cigarette smoke-filled - asthmatics beware
    if you're not a regular, don't expect great service

Outdoorsman Sport Shop
    1010 S State Road 135.
    HIGH prices

Plainfield Shooting Supply
    3735 Shady Ln Ste C
    decent prices
    knowledgeable and friendly employees
    can be 'smokey' depending on who's working - asthmatics beware

2. Elmore's is the only shop I use.

And it's a real gunshop not some sort of politically correct kiddy palace.

The only problem with customer service I have ever seen there is from elmore's son (the Catalog Comando).Who really works hard at ignoring customers by playing with his cell phone or with the newest doo-dad that has arrived.And expects anyone who bothers to waste his time to spend alot on what he expects them to buy.

Russ and George are very knowledgeable and always patient with customers.

They have a new web site up and running But alas it is very snotty and poorly done and must have been done by "The Jason" because it touts his great customer service which is nonexistent and a joke.

The best buys at Elmore's are usually on used guns and he gets alot in;)

3. I would think, though, that ANY business owner where the 'general public' walks in to do business, they'd not smoke openly on the main floor.

They're entitled to do it...but bad form man, bad form.
  4. It's his shop and has been very sucessufull,and alot of his customers smoke and enjoy doing so there.

I don't smoke myself but it's his right and it doesn't affect me,and he does have a high tech smoke filter running all the time.

I'm glad to see not everyone has bowed to the politically correct era and is conducting their lives as they want.It's your right not to go their because of the smoke and his right to smoke in his own place.

The pro's outweight the con's in his shop in my opinion;)
  5. bill123

May 24, 2004
    KS&E sporting goods. North east on Pendleton pike from 465. Bout 2 miles on left. Tell Ed you found a nickel in the parking lot. He must have missed it.
  6. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I buy guns from Les at Lafayette Guns & Gear, Tippecanoe Sport Shop (Walker's), Applied Ballistics, Sportman's Warehouse, Ram-Z Pawn (one Elmwood in Lafayette), Kiesler's (truly a paradise), or on-line if I am hot for something and the Indy 1500 gun shows.

Last whole gun (I've been on a lower receiver streak recently) I purchased was a Browning T-bolt at Sportman's Warehouse. I've only purchased a few guns there as they only sell new. I bought my Dad a Henry .22 and a Marlin 915YS and Ruger Compact 10/22 for my nephews for Christmas.

I like to spread out my purchases and support as many shops as I can. I've purchased guns from all over Indiana. Heck, I used to make a trip to Kiesler's every Knob Creek just to buy one gun.

One of my favorite things to do is when I have a case in another county is to hit the gun shops there. I had a case in Parke County once and I was driving back (36 to 231 north) I passed the "Morton Country Store" and saw that they advertised ammo. I stopped and went in not expecting anything. Holy cow, was I wrong. I saw case after glass case of pistols and one side of the store was nothing but long guns!

Most of the long guns were Billy Bobs that had been dropped off a deer stand, but the pistols were solid. I bought a Ruger Service Six with a 6" tube and could not get over the fact that there is a solid gun store in Morton, Indiana (go figure).

We should make a map of all the gun stores in Indiana and then drive around to them. You know like a road rally in England. Just think if we all took motorcycles.:supergrin:
  7. usaf207cwf

Sep 29, 2005
    PSS...just seeing Steve is worth the trip...:rofl:

Bradis...they are ok, only go there if PSS doesn't have it

Pop Guns...only if they are they only place that has it...nothing personal, just a little busy for my taste...but the do have a good selection of AR stuff

Dons Guns...if somehow all of the other gunshops in a 500 mile radius of my house were not open...:thumbsup:
  8. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    I just got a gun from Indiana Gun Club in Giest. Mostly shotguns, but a very small slection of rifles and the best price on powder and primers in town.

I mostly shot at PSS though and have bought a few guns at Bradis and KS&E.
  9. Patrick Graham

Patrick Graham Footlong Jr.

Sep 7, 2001
    Kokomo Indiana
    Would that be His and Her Target Sports?
    408 S Main St
    Sheridan In 46069
    (317) 765-5886
  10. rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    Darrel's Custom Firearms (DCF)
    104 E Curtis Street
    Cayuga, IN 47928
    (765) 429-3939
  11. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I buy most of my stuff at Elmore's and was in there today for a couple of hours.People were smoking but the shop was not smokey as the filtration system took care of it.I heard no foul language and bought a gun at a fair price while I was there.

After reading all your reviews you sound alittle whiney and anal to me,but that's just my opinion:upeyes:
  12. seamus

Nov 25, 2005
    KS&E for me, never a dull moment in there. I have to help Ed get "gas money" now and then.
  13. skydelta34

Oct 12, 2005
    Is 2nd amendment in Whitestown still open?
  14. boilergonzo

Mar 31, 2004
    Locally in the Indy area, PopGun's, Plainfield Shooting Supply, and Albro's.

As mentioned, Kiseler's near Louisville is a good stop, and I also have purchased a couple guns from Midwest Gun Exchange (Mishawaka location).

I look a lot at Gander Mtn, but haven't bought firearms from them. I have been in Don's but see no need to go back...
  15. sjstill

sjstill Guest

Thanks. I think :animlol:
  16. Yes, I am a bit anal-retentive. And yes, it DOES have a hyphen.

As far as being "whiney"...perhaps. I definitely try NOT to whine at all, however. My mommy says it's not becoming for a 29 year old man to whine.

In other news:

I was able to locate and visit both Ram-Z Exchange in Lafayette and KS&E on Pendleton Pike in Indy.

Was impressed with Ram-Z in general. I think I spent more time looking at the fossils and then the coins than I did the firearms. I did find two boxes of 9mm Luger for $8.00 while there, too. They also have an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS (about 100%) Radom viz p35 there, too.

KS&E was a better experience than I expected, too. I didn't check ammunition prices there, but the prices marked on the handguns were fair. Where else can you get a new KelTec P380 for $220? Also has several FEG PA-63's for about $170.

I'll need to keep Cayuga and Morton on my 'radar', too.

Also, has anyone else been to the shop over in Winchester, IN? It's just a few blocks south of SR 32. It's been almost a year since I've been there but, I've never seen that many firearms outside of a show.

17. aglocker1911

aglocker1911 can't re-MEMBER

I think you mean Ludco guns in Parker, not Winchester. Yes, he certainly has the inventory. In cases, on poles, and hanging from the ceiling. It takes quite a while just to take it all in. ANd he's open Sunday's too.
  18. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    They used to have $190 NIB Bersa .380s about a year or so ago.

They stock mostly the european ammo like Fiocchi. Prices on ammo ranges from fair to not that great depending on what it is. I cannot complain about their gun prices though. They have the lowest prices on CZs anywhere. They are one of only a few CZ factory direct dealers around (no distributer, he calls and orders directly from CZ). My dad orderd a CZ 453 Varmint .22lr rifle through them for $410. This is the heavy barrel one with the set trigger. He has not shot it yet, but it is dang nice and has an amazing trigger when you set it.

I have been to Elmore's They have okay prices on some things and decent prices on others. I thought the staff was pretty friendly even as it was pretty apparent that I was only a looky-loo. I have not been back again only because it is pretty far for me and they moved and I am not quite sure where they are at now. If you are bothered by smoke, I am going to assume you got to KS&E in between smoke breaks. Also I would stay out of Plainfield for the same reason. Then again, my brother smokes so it does not bother me too much (I still HATE it when the air blows it directly into my face).
  19. Patrick Graham

Patrick Graham Footlong Jr.

Sep 7, 2001
    Kokomo Indiana
    They ain't entitled to do it in Kokomo.. If I catch some retard smoking in a store in omokoK I call the cops and have them beaten, tazered and their dogs shot..

I can't wait until Indianapolis pulls into the 21st century and passes a smoking ban like the rest of Indiana.
  20. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    I mean, 2nd hand smoke kills, so it is attempted murder.