close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Where do you put your pistol while using the public pooper?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by jbailey8, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL

2. The Wolverine

The Wolverine

Sep 3, 2012
    I see no need to unholster, or taking holster off, Just do not let your pants go past your knees, when I sit, the back of my pants and belt are held by my knee pit, and the IWBH is siting against my right knee.

3. dusty200001

dusty200001

Sep 4, 2012
    I cant believe this was asked. Lay it inside your pants to keep it off ground, or on top on tp holder, or possibly on baby changing station.

4. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Jul 8, 2008
    This is a great question, actually. There are as many opinions on this topic as there are about the "right" holster.

I carry a G19 OWB chambered - when I am in public, its always a problem what to do. I don't like pulling the gun out of the holster, because handling a loaded gun always invites risk of AD.

Basically, I have figured out an elaborate system of handling my pants, so that the gun stays holstered but doesn't fall to the floor.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  5. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Mar 29, 2005
    Kansas
  6. jeepinbandit

jeepinbandit Sgt. USMC

Dec 27, 2007
    NAS Fort Worth JRB
    When I lived in North Carolina the Onslow County Sheriff (Brown at that time) left his shooter on the back of the crapper in Wal Mart. Thankfully a decent person found it and not a kid or dirtbag.

It's a relevent question. I usually set mine on the TP holder or just wait till I get home and can use my own crapper.

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Home field advantage (shamelessly liberated from one of the myriad of other bathroom threads)

8. JerryVO

JerryVO

Oct 22, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    ^ this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

9. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    Oh good grief...this again...

Here's some good advice:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEjidDyyn8U&feature=plcp"]Carrying a Gun in a Public Restroom - YouTube[/ame]

Choose/use the right gear, and leave it alone.

10. snubfan

snubfan Giant Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Omaha
    "If you have have to drop a deuce in public, admit it, you planned your day wrong!" Daniel Tosh

11. jbailey8

jbailey8

Dec 16, 2007
    Roanoke, VA
    Sorry to open this topic up again. I didn't do a search before posting this. It was more of a joke and the few times I've used the bathroom in public over the last 6 months I've thought jokingly to myself that this would be a funny thread. Sorry for the spam.

On a serious note a carry OWB in a Tagua holster so I unholster and stick it in my pants between my legs.

12. Lt Scott 14

Lt Scott 14

Mar 14, 2006
    N.W. Indiana
    2 words: Handicap Stall. Note: make sure the door does secure behind you.

13. jbailey8

jbailey8

Dec 16, 2007
    Roanoke, VA
    Sorry to open this topic up again. I didn't do a search before posting this. It was more of a joke and the few times I've used the bathroom in public over the last 6 months I've thought jokingly to myself that this would be a funny thread. Sorry for the spam.

On a serious note a carry OWB in a Tagua holster so I unholster and stick it in my pants between my legs.

14. Keoking

Keoking

Jan 4, 2005
    Rowlett, TX
    I hold it in my non-wiping hand, pointed at the stall door. NOBODY INTERRUPTS MY BOWEL MOVEMENTS!!! :steamed:

Knock, knock.
    TAKEN .... BLAM.

15. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    As always, two warning shots and a courtesy flush.

16. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    This is best practice:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.