close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

where do you guys shoot?

Discussion in 'North Star Glockers' started by TrptProf, May 6, 2010.

1. TrptProf

TrptProf CAPITALIST

Aug 4, 2008
    Oklahoma
    where do you guys shoot?

I haven't found a place to shoot since I've moved here...i seriously need the practice.

2. time_xx

time_xx NRA life member

Dec 30, 2009
    Minnesota

3. TrptProf

TrptProf CAPITALIST

Aug 4, 2008
    Oklahoma
    yeah, i've been to bills to buy a holster. they have a nice selection of firearms and accessories, but i find their range rates are pretty high. i guess they can charge whatever they want when there are so few places to shoot.

4. time_xx

time_xx NRA life member

Dec 30, 2009
    Minnesota
    Yeah, indoor ranges are few and far between.

5. jem375

jem375 NRA Life Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Minnesota
    Oakdale gun club, have been a member since 1996....

6. TrptProf

TrptProf CAPITALIST

Aug 4, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I submitted an online request to be on the waiting list for oakdale gun club...unfortunately I never heard back.

7. catalyst686

catalyst686

Apr 13, 2010
    Minnesota
    I either go to Bills in Robbinsdale, recently I have been going to Burnsville Pistol range which is more affordable. You can bring your own ammo which is alot cheaper than having to buy it at Bills.

8. jem375

jem375 NRA Life Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Minnesota
    We had hundreds of new members this year, don't know the make up of the waiting list but it can't be long now...

9. tbyron

tbyron

Aug 31, 2009
    Minnesota
    I've only been shooting since November so my knowledge of ranges is pretty limited.

The Oakdale gun club is really close to home and I'm waiting for it to be open to the public in another few weeks. I need to start practicing for the GSSF match at the end of July.

I've been spending most of my time in Mankato for school. Usually once a month I'l take a short drive to New Ulm and shoot at The Hunter's Den. It's a nice indoor range. But it's on the expensive side to shoot. $15/hour. It's never been busy when I go shoot, and that might have something to do with the price of admission.