close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Where do the roads and bridges come from?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Vic777, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
    We've heard the Dumocrat viewpoint. What's the truth?

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill

3. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    They come from producers paying taxes.
    The government is required to build them.

4. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
  5. Obama built it, not the taxpayers money!:supergrin:

Seriously, from what I know, after world war I, many GIs came back without a job. So the Gov. With citizens tax money, put them to work in the transportation dept. They built railroads, roads, bridges and parks. I believe that also happened after world war II.

6. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    From your neighbors. :grouphug:

7. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Where do the roads and bridges come from? The places where people want to leave. Where do the roads and bridges go to? The places where people want to go. Because the people who want to leave a place often are traveling at the same time on the same roads and bridges as the people who want to go to a place, a nice yellow line is painted down the middle of the road so that everyone can stay in their lane of travel.

Various taxes pay the cost of these roads and bridges. No different than when earlier generations used canals, light rail, etc., to develop transportation networks that greatly lowered costs for people and businesses. Cool.

8. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    Maybe if your libertarian fantasies come true then every road could be a toll road.

9. Yessir How High

Yessir How High

Feb 9, 2007
    18 to 24 cents per gallon of gas we pay in taxes in this country. Much more in foreign contries.

LOL.

Just think, you are paying a tax (toll) to mow your yard.

Not that it is a penalty, like Roberts says, but don't you think it is a toll?

10. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    It's the Dumocrats in California that want to put a GPS into everyone's car so they can charge by the mile.

11. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
    That's exactly how the Dumocrats drag us down into the sewer. They keep sayin' "It's worse everywhere else".

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  12. Yessir How High

Yessir How High

Feb 9, 2007
    Sorry if I introduced foreign countries into the mix. I am trying to ask you if you feel that paying a fuel tax on the gas that you use to mow your lawn

(instituted to maintain the roads and bridges)

is or is not a toll,

the evil toll that would be imposed by the private ownership of roads?

13. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
    It's a tax on fuel consumption. The proceeds go to pay Government Pensions and the salaries of the Government Class.

14. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Silly people. Everyone knows Obama got it from "his stash".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd13kZlCA"]Obama Stash - YouTube[/ame]

15. MZBKA

MZBKA

Apr 14, 2004
    The gasoline tax no longer covers road and construction maintenance.

16. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    I don't think that is a reasonable conclusion to arrive at based on what's being said. I could be wrong though. The point is that O told the world that in his view, the roads and such were built by private businesses using money that comes from successful private businesses providing income that the gov taxes. The gov only administers the construction and maintenance (right or wrong is another debate). Somehow the progressive left cant see that view.