close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where do people come up with this stuff??

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by MakeMineA10mm, Feb 23, 2012.

1. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member Lifetime Member

AngryFist - If that's yours, would you tell me what extractor and ejector are in it? It looks like a 9mm-size Glock, so I'm guessing a 9mm extractor, but would like to know both for sure.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist
    Expand Collapse
    *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad
    2. Show Me Glockers

Not mine, just something I stumbled across years ago while looking for a funny Glock 7 pic. Always been interested by it, though. Cannot find any pics of the other side of the gun, and I wonder what the markings are.

3. Lakerdude

Lakerdude
    Expand Collapse

"""""

#23 Lakerdude, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  4. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse

They are interesting. Have you been to their website? There's a wikipedia article on the cartridge with drawings also. I've worked on a 38 Super conversion on a 10mm slide and frame that's interesting. On this VBR 7.92mm, I figure the 85gr .312" XTP would be an interesting start...

5. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse

Laker Dude,

I like it and will try it. One problem I see with the commodity approach is that many of these I'm looking for are rare: 100 or fewer made... The others (1000 made or so) I think could be negotiated like this though.

6. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor
    Expand Collapse

Usually if I think people are asking rediculous prices for their item, I move on to another seller - I won't waste my time trying to prove to them that their prized posession is worth less than half of what they're asking.

7. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse

I would normally do that, but when there's only 72 of them made and one only comes up for sale every few years, it would be nice to have a communication technique that could convey the interest vs. the value.

A fellow sent me a message awhile back stating he had a particularly limited edition commemorative. He wanted about double what I was willing to pay. We couldn't get together and he never did sell them (based on offering them to me again later). How to handle that?

Like I said earlier, I think there is a "Pawn Stars Effect" where people think they can ask any price, no matter how ridiculous, and some "deal" will be worked out in the middle at an extreme profit for them.

Maybe there would be someone out there for whom money is no object, but I'm not in that category. In fact, the reason I chose Glocks to collect is because they're low-cost enough that I could afford them. I do not expect my collection to be vastly more valuable in my lifetime, but some of these folks think they can buy one and sell it 10-15 years later for 4 times as much money. Totally unrealistic, but how to convince someone of that??

8. beabruin

beabruin
    Expand Collapse

Whatever the market will bear is the price at a particular moment in time. If you really want something and are willing to pay or even overpay for whatever reason, that is the market price. People with guns claiming they want to sell are like some people with Harley Davidson motorcycles. They think their stuff is priceless. While the goods they have may have some particular popularity & value, some of them actually don't want to part with the them. They only want others to validate what they believe is their overinflated value. I just paid more than I wanted to but certainly what I was willing to just to get my first Glock. :cool:

9. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Now that point of yours I bolded is very enlightening! I've never considered that. When I put something up for sale, I want to sell it. Never thought of it being an ego thing for some. That gives me something to chew on about my dilemna.

10. beabruin

beabruin
    Expand Collapse

I would agree. If I have something to sell, I want to sell it. In most cases I will even lower my price or reach a compromise to sell it. If both parties seem to give a little or bend a little bit, then most reasonable people will walk away satisfied they got a decent or good deal. Of course every once in a while, if you shop around long enough, you run into a great deal. The question is, will you recognize it when it presents itself? For the occasional 'tire kicking browsers' or 'I wonder what its worth sellers', they may not do enough of their own homework so to speak and will often have unreasonable expectations or demands. When these situations arise, it is best to move on to more serious (reasonable & educated) sellers & buyers.