close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where Christians Are Hunted

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Paul7, May 30, 2012.

1. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

Somalia is second only to North Korea as the world's worst persecutor of Christians. Somalis who are discovered to be Christians face almost certain death, not only in their own country but also in neighboring countries where many Somalis flee as refugees. "In Somalia, they kill you if they just find a piece of literature," said VOM's regional director.

For more than two decades, Somalia has suffered from civil war. Unsuccessful treaties and resolutions among various warring factions have rendered the nation a "failed state" in the eyes of the international community. Ninety-nine percent of the population is Sunni Muslim, and Christians are targeted by all of the factions fighting for control. The most dangerous of these groups is the militant Islamic group known as al-Shabab, which controls much of southern and central Somalia.

Al-Shabab, which means "The Youth" in Arabic, has sword to rid Somalia of Christians and impose its strict interpretation of Sharia law. In February 2012, al-Shabab leaders announced that the group had joined al-Qaeda.

Somalia's tiny community of Muslim-background believers (MBBs) is estimated at fewer than 200 people, and all are viewed as apostates by the Muslim majority. Every church building in the country has been destroyed during the civil war, so believers meet for fellowship in small home groups. When Christians are discovered by al-Shabab, they are sometimes beheaded on the spot, as occurred with a 17-year-old boy last year in Mogadishu. Al-Shabab agents have also murdered Christians after following them to refugee campls in Ethiopia and Kenya.

Voice of the Martyrs, June 2012

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. juggy4711

juggy4711
    Expand Collapse
    Nimrod Son

Not surprised when anything about Africa is bad, whether it be Somalia or any other country there. Africa is the most jacked up continent on the planet.

3. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

Do you really not see the Muslim slant here? These crimes aren't happening all over Africa.

#3 Paul7, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  4. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Well, I'm an atheist. If they found my copy of "The God Delusion" I guess I'd be good to go. Nobody would call Dawkins Christian literature.

5. juggy4711

juggy4711
    Expand Collapse
    Nimrod Son

Of course I saw it what is your point?. You have such a hard on for Islam you can't even discern when someone else realizes Islam is a problem. Check my posting history. You won't find me making excuses for the problems Islam has.

Could it be that all you remember is that I find Christianity to be ridiculous to believe in, get all butt hurt and decide I'm a Islamic apologist like you accuse atheists of being?

Find a nation in Africa where jacked up things are not happening. Yes Islam is a factor, doesn't make belief in Christianity any less absurd.

I'll concede that modern belief in Christianity is not a threat the way Islam is, but it in no way shape or form means that Christianity isn't a completely preposterous notion.

"My ridiculous belief in a religion is superior than some other ridiculous belief in a religion because my religion is more benign to the world". That's just plain weak.

6. Akil8290

Akil8290
    Expand Collapse
    Saracen

Yet Africa has what? 19, 20 of its countries that are majority Muslim and none of them operate like Somalia. Somalia is known for female circumcisions, murdering of Christians and piracy; all of which are un-Islamic. There is not Islamic justification for murdering ANYONE.

Its Somalia that's screwed up; not Islam.

7. void *

void *
    Expand Collapse
    Dereference Me!

Do you have a cite for that? I went looking, and I see a *lot* of al-Shabaab, to the point where googling 'somalia christians' I'm not seeing articles that *don't* mention al-Shabaab. (I'm not saying that al-Shabaab is the only faction doing so - I am saying that I am not finding support for 'all the factions do so', but lots of support for 'al-Shabaab does so')

8. English

English
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure if you are being ironic. Islam considers Atheists to be worse than Chistians. We would not last long before having our heads cut off with a long knife.

English

9. English

English
    Expand Collapse

These crimes are happening all over the world where there are Mulsims in enough numbers. All that varies is the rate at which murder, rape and disposession occure. In a large majority without government control they set out to eliminate any non-Muslim. With lower numbers they intimidate with individual or group murder, rape and arson as part of the process of driving non-Muslims out of those areas. With lower numbers still, as in Europe, they gather in their own communities where they demand to control with their own laws. outside those communities they rape, rob, burn cars attack anti-Muslim organisations (as they see them) such as newspapers, and use this diffuse intimidation as a means to gain concessions on the basis that they are a persecuted religious minority.

Incidentally, the "rebels" in Syria are siezing the chance to murder their non-Muslim neighbours. Assad is bad but they are probably worse.

We in the West just see the most dramatic examples of this process because the Media feed on drama and at the same time give extra allowance to Muslims because they are, guess what, a persecuted religious ethnic minority!!!

English

#9 English, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  10. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

I was kind of hoping Paul would point that out so I'd have him right where I want him. He likes to play the Christian martyr.

11. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

I wouldn't bet your life on that.

12. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

There is tribalism in Africa, this on the other hand is religious cleansing as is found too often in the Muslim world.

Do you agree with this, Akil?

This post wasn't about the truth of Christianity vs. Islam, but about the ongoing severe persecution of Christians by Islam that the MSM ignores.

#12 Paul7, May 31, 2012
  13. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

I'm not being persecuted, lots of Christians are. It bothers me when anyone, Christian or atheist, gets this treatment. You, on the other hand, don't seem to have a problem as long as it's Christians getting beheaded.

14. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

This extremist group isn't Muslim?

I understand you disapprove of these crimes as much as I do, but you seem to have a pollyanish view of Islam as it is practiced in many places.

15. English

English
    Expand Collapse

The Koran and the Hadith give justification for murdering non-Muslims and make it a praiseworthy act.

The Mediterranean Sea was virtually unpassable except for heavily armed flotillas for hundreds of years because of Muslim piracy - mainly from the Barbary coast. The same innocent Muslims enslaved the Europeans and made concubines and sex slaves of European women. The Ottoman Empire also enslaved captured Europeans. Whether this has been part of Islamic teaching of not it has been a remarkably widespread practice in larg, successful Islamic countries.

You need to recognize that Islamic laws against murder apply to Muslims murdering other Muslims. Non-Muslims have always been murdered and raped by Muslims without religious sanction.

English

16. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

Perhaps this is because Allah has no love for non-believers, as the Christian God does.

#16 Paul7, May 31, 2012
  17. Akil8290

Akil8290
    Expand Collapse
    Saracen

If they're Muslim, then would you consider The Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda to be Christian? You know who Joseph Kony is, right?

I guess that's a nice way of telling me that I have a naive view of Islam, that I view the world through rose colored glasses. You're wrong.

Just because people call themselves "Muslims" does not mean they are. Hunting and killing people because they do not subscribe to some backwards, sick ideology is not Islam; it is murder and its a sin.

I think its funny that you tell me what Islam is about when you've never even read the Qur'an and you get your information from Robert Spencer and thereligionofpeace.com; that's like learning about multiculturalism from Neo-Nazis and stormfront.org.

18. Akil8290

Akil8290
    Expand Collapse
    Saracen

Not true and I want to see where exactly you got that from. Its laughable that you're preaching to me, a Muslim, what Islamic laws are, but go ahead and humor me.

19. Akil8290

Akil8290
    Expand Collapse
    Saracen

Its the same God, the God of The Prophet Abraham (PBUH).

20. juggy4711

juggy4711
    Expand Collapse
    Nimrod Son

Yes there are but whatever. Let's say you right they're not Muslims. What is is about Islam that all theses non-Muslims find so easy to use as justification of their evil deeds?

What about all the folks partying in the streets after 9/11. None of them were Muslims right? Show me the Christians in the same proportions doing likewise when some nut does some crazy evil crap in the name of Christianity.

Islam is in the state it's in either because there is some intrinsic flaw, or that the majority of Muslims are too cowered, too willing to submit or too chicken s**t to eradicate the unwanted element.

I'm sick and tired of other religions being compared to Islam on some equal scale because they supported jacked up actions hundreds of years ago. There is no modern comparison. None.

I am not a fan of religion in general but there is only one major religion posing as great a threat to people the world over and it's Islam. Even satanism isn't a threat in the same way and they claim to worship Satan.

Own up. Admit Islam has issues that need to be addressed. Calling out Muslims that do things you do not think are Islamic is all well and good but don't pretend that they are not doing it out of the belief in it no matter how skewed that belief is to you.

Said it before will say it again. What you think of as good Muslims are going to have to die fighting the ones you do not like for there ever to be a change.

Living is the US practicing Islam in the peaceful fashion you agree with while simultaneously telling us the violent dangerous fashion it is practiced elsewhere is not Islam is the chicken s**t I was talking about.

You're going to compare radical Christians to radical Islam all while benefiting from the sacrifice of Christians dieing fighting other Christians to the point they figured out religious freedom was the way to do things? You wouldn't even be able to practice your benign version of Islam here if it were not for the Christians that were willing to kill each other with this end result. So take your LRA reference and shove it.