Where can't I carry?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by volkl78, Aug 15, 2013.

1. OK so nowhere that will have me going through a metal detector (Courthouses & Airports) and I am guessing no schools. Is that correct and is there anywhere else I can't CC? Also I live in MA (the one state that makes you a criminal If you own a NEW Glock.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Traveling to GA from FL, where can't I carry? Carry Issues May 28, 2012
    Cool Glock T-Shirt I can't find anywhere Wanted To Buy Jul 14, 2002
    Where to buy night sights? General Glocking Friday at 6:59 PM
    Where do you store your mags and such? Gunsmithing Jul 28, 2015
    Where can you buy a Russian SKS The Kalashnikov Klub Jul 28, 2015

3. Fig

Fig

Note: I am sure answers for this topic will be state specific, and this seems like the topic I need to post my ccw question under instead of starting a new thread.

First to answer your question, have you read and made yourself familiar with your local and state laws? That's where I would turn to first. Read them enough to where you can understand them and remember what they are before you head out.

Now on to my branch of this thread. In TX, the CCW laws state:

PC §46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):
    (1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;

So am I in violation of the law if I concealed carry picking up a child from a daycare facility? I did a search in this topic and didn't find any results so I am trying to get an idea of how other people would interpret this. Would a daycare facility be considered a school or educational institution? This seems like it has a lot of potential for ambiguity and interpretation so I figure why not ask the internet lawyers. :whistling: