close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

When Will Enough Be Enough

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, May 4, 2012.

1. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    I'm quickly losing faith in the "peoples" ability to recognize the rapidly increasing temperature of the water we're all in.

2. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    As Franklin predicted at the adoption of the CotUS is has really been game over since day one. It was simply a matter of time.

3. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
    the true reason for the 2nd amendment.

not duck hunting.

not self defense.

tyranny defense.

4. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    Why would anyone listen to what this guy has to say? He hasn't picked a side, meaning he necessarily will stand alone. Criticizing 'both' political parties (inferring there are no other options is just crazy) will get him nowhere. Why doesn't he just join one of the flocks and be blissfuly happy? :winkie:

5. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

This is what happens when a bunch of math-challenged fools get loose with the vote.

The founding fathers did not envision a citizenry like this ! ... :shocked:

We must take back our country...

If we're already past the tipping point, it's over. We're in for 75 years of soviet style communism .... :frown:

6. truth

7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Why can't it be an "all of the above" situation. Oh, and add in deer and feral hogs while you are at it.

One of mittens more irritating statements is that what he calls assault weapons have no legitimate sporting use.

I need to invite him on a hog hunt.

I'll carry this:
    [​IMG]

He can carry this:
    [​IMG]

I'll shoot the ones that run at me, and he can shoot the ones that run after him. Even even more fun when trying to chase down a wounded one in the brush at twilight.

There are a lot of them, and some are a little on the large side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Mmm bacon. :eat:

Looks like good times and a successful hunt.

9. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Truth.

10. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    I have been invited to my first hog hunt this fall. I am planning to bring my 6.8spc and a .44 mag sidearm. I can't wait!

11. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Not meaning to change the subject, but what type rings are on that scope?

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  12. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Single day, 22 Hogs, the one on the hitch haul was over 300#.

I just set the traps, I had to go to pick up a hog that I had at the processor. By friends had a lot of fun that day though.

They are a bit small for bacon. But I don't miss it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Really strong ones. It's a .308. To be honest, I don't remember where I got them, and they don't have any markings on them. They look to be cut from a block of steel, and not much excess was removed.

These are pretty close. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=20038/pid=7858/Product/MARK-4-RINGS-BASES

14. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Be careful. Just a tip, if you shoot one and it drops without kicking, shoot it again. They will tend to drop and sort of run on their sides. Also, if you walk up on one and it's eyes are closed, shoot it again. Just below the ears at the level of the eyes is the best shot from the side. The vitals are farther forward than a deer, and if you shoot it like a deer behind the shoulder, it's a gut shot. From the front, draw a line between the eyes, and aim for the middle, about 1 inch above the eyes.

Happy hunting. Yes, a pistol and a rifle are recommended.

15. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    I've had to educate more than one fellow hunter about the 2nd amend, typical response> meh you dont need an AR-15 to deerhunt.....

16. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

Don't need a gun either. Ask how many of them want to give up their guns and take up bow hunting. Then ask the bow hunters when they want to give up their bows for spears, then ask the spear hunters when they want to give up their spears for rocks.

We need to hold fast here.

17. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    Same here. And very often they are under the impression that an "assault rifle" is fully auto. "Nobody needs a machine gun to hunt deer."
    This is where being calm and friendly pays off.