close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

When was the Father revealed?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by FCoulter, Jan 31, 2013.

1. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    Some say He is in the Old Test, some say the New Test, some say He hasnt been yet.

Please explain when you think and please use scripture to explain you point.

Now this is topic has nothing to due with atheists but I bet the trolls will tear it up. Be warned though if trolled upon it will be reported.

Lets continue, peace.

2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
  3. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    I guess I would roll with Adam if we are talking about being revealed to mankind. As for scripture it would be Genesis, somewhere in Chapter 2.

4. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    That's why I asked to who. Does Adam count? Or are we talking post Eden?

5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    That was my thought - talked directly to 100% of mankind in Genesis.

6. The full revelation of the Father was in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

7. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

Joh 14:6 יהושע said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
    Joh 14:7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father too. From now on you know Him, and have seen.”
    Joh 14:8 Philip said to Him, “Master, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
    Joh 14:9 יהושע said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, and how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
    Joh 14:10 “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak from Myself. But the Father who stays in Me does His works.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky

Yet your avatar implies that you are Jewish, which certainly raises some questions about taking Jesus' word for it.

9. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    God was first revealed to Man with Adam in the garden of Eden.
    After that, God appeared to man many times and in different ways.

Jesus Christ was the physical manifestation of God to man.

Today God reveals himself to man in countless ways, but mankind has drifted so far into sin that he's lost the ability to recognize God's attempts to communicate with him.

10. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    So far I have to agree with Brasso, the Father wasnt revealed until the book of John in which Jesus revealed Him. There is one pave in the psalms where the Father is mentioned.Many dont realize Jesus was the Word in the old test, He was the one doing, speaking to everyone. The Father was not revealed yet in the OT.

11. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    Fcoulter didn't say full revelation though. Just when first revealed.

12. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    What is the definition of "revealed", as opposed to "appeared"?

God appeared to Abraham several times in the OT?
    Doesn't that count?

13. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    I don't know. We may be talking semantics here but when God is talking to Adam I'd say he revealed himself to him.

Perhaps it's best if you were to explain what you mean by revealed so we can be on the same page.

14. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    So are you saying that you believe that it was Jesus interacting with Adam and not God? Are you saying that God was incapable of revealing himself without Christ?

15. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    Actually God did appeat to abraham, but it was God ( the Word) not God the Father.

16. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    It was the Word interacting with Adam, not the Father.

John 17 is clear who did all the creating, and Nothing was done except by the Word. The Father did NOT personally do anything in the OT. He wasnt revealed yet.

17. We were just talking about this the other night in bible study. Exodus and the burning bush is the first time God is given a name, "I AM", and (post Eden) where he manifests himself (via the burning bush and surrounding the mountain with smoke) to mankind.

18. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    Then who was it that ordered all the slaughters and invasions in the OT? Who was it that gave the law to Moses?

19. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    The Word!