close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

when new Gen 4 Glock 30SF ?

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by HiVel, Aug 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dizzll

Dizzll
    Expand Collapse

I just put my deposit on one an dpick it up on monday. I was told they are rolling out blue labels (LE) first. I'm a firefighter so I get one :)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. JLeòdhas

JLeòdhas
    Expand Collapse
    Alba gu bràth!!

I have a G30 and it is my CCW, would not trade it for anything.

3. HiVel

HiVel
    Expand Collapse
    HiVel

Roll Tide! I would only sub a 29 if I needed to -love them both!

4. 2011glockarmorer

2011glockarmorer
    Expand Collapse

Got my Gen 4 G-30 . Could not be happier. With a G-21 mag adapted to it, I have my new Bowling Pin Competition gun.

5. Eric2340

Eric2340
    Expand Collapse
    Infidel :)

While I agree w/ this reasoning of thought, has this been CONFIRMED ("won't make a Gen 4 G30 SF") ??

I can't see a real reason for it, give the gen 4 features. I guess if no G21 SF shows up first, that should answer all (gen 4 G30 SF, gen 4 G20 SF, gen 4 G29 SF).

6. s0nspark

s0nspark
    Expand Collapse
    Talk is cheap!

The Gen4 G30 without a backstrap in place is meant to have the same grip profile as the previous Gen3 SF model...

7. 2011glockarmorer

2011glockarmorer
    Expand Collapse

Though I've never held an SF or seen the dimensions compared to my Gen-4 G-30, I can say that there is no such thing as a Gen-4 G-30 SF. The backstrap system by its very nature makes the Gen-4 with no added backstrap, a shorter frame just like the Gen-4 ... G-19 .. G-17 .. ect.

After I switched my Gen-3 to a Gen-4 (G-19) I was amazed at the difference in feel and very shortly changed my G-17 to a 4th gen.

The only real disappoint I've had with a Glock is with the G-36. I wanted the .45 ACP since I load and compete with several 1911s. After shooting the G-36 in several GSSF matches (only one division allowed for it ... Major Sub) I knew I had made a mistake not getting the G-30 instead. By the time I got rid of the G-36, I was lucky that I got my hands on the Gen-4 G-30. It the most natural feel and pointing of any of my Glocks. :cool: and as a bonus the G-30 fits into almost every division at a GSSF match.

Won a pistol 2 GSSF matches ago ........ no idea what I want. Paperwork on my desk waiting to go ........... any suggestions?