When do you see the ammo shortage loosening up?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Upgrade, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Assuming US ammo manufactures are operating at maximum production, I'm surprised we don't see a lot more imported ammo. Is there some reason why imported ammo availability has not increased significantly?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #41 chasbo00, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. BADOS

Don't even go to the range anymore. I don't want to use up what I have. Once the uncertainty is over regarding any new laws, the ammo will be back. Who knows how long this will take?

3. w4dov

I was in mine the other morning and heard one of the employees bragging about picking up 3 boxes that morning. Chapped me to no end. I figure a lot of this is going on at all the stores.
  4. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I don't think that here is a "strategic ammo reserve."
    #44 SCmasterblaster, Mar 21, 2013
  5. JohnnyReb

Lifetime Member

#45 JohnnyReb, Mar 21, 2013
  6. That is not for selling to consumers, it's for controlling them!
  7. JohnnyReb

Lifetime Member

Haha. I'm probably the only one who thought strategic ammo reserve was funny.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  8. Not for a long time. Too much panic. People are afraid what next year might bring.
  9. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

When the Kenyan stops buying up the ammo. :steamed::steamed:
  10. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

While in Academy today, after leaving the ammo aisle I walked past this shirt.

It was almost mocking me as I walked away with a few boxes of shotgun shells and none of the ammo I really want.
  11. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

This is what I'm saying.
  12. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

So WalMart has become an impromptu wholesaler . . . . :upeyes:
  13. Yea ammo flippers took over the post ammunition deals thread at ar15.com. They have it down to a science when online ammo becomes available those guys suck it right up and then sell on gun broker. If you disagree with them then your a communist against capatalism. Half those feinsteins don't even shoot. Some of them are bragging about flipping 50,000rds a month.

Mr IRS man gonna get em.
    #53 glock031, Mar 21, 2013
  14. I wouldn't expect it to ever get back to what was normal a year ago. A year ago wasn't what was normal for anything in the past. The cost of materials will never go down. There are a lot of new shooters and a lot of people wanting to save up extra that they might not have before.

I'm still waiting for gas prices to get back to normal, like when it was 97 cents, when I was in high school.

Ya, good luck. Get it now. Get stuff to reload even if you hate it and think you'll never need it.
  15. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

Checked my trunk, six fifty round boxes of Federal .40 FMJ and five of the Federal 9mm FMJ, about 3 mos worth or a June cut off date for us, without cases to buy in bulk, we will keep strategic reserves avaliable and wait it out. My "sport" and passion of trying every other week to put fifty rounds into a fist sized hole down range, will suffer, and I wont renew my range membership when its due.
  16. Dumb question.

You know its happening...why not get in on it? And if you know about it I'm sure 100 other people do.
  17. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

Get in on the resale? I plan to shoot everything I buy. I have a real job to make money. I am fortunate enough I don't need to capitalize on panic for income. Shooting was my weekend hobby. I can't make weekly trips to the range anymore. Since there is no end to this crap in sight, I need to ration my range ammo.
  18. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

No time soon is my opinion on when it will let up: I just swung by the local large LGS and they had a metric ton of AR and AK pattern guns but bare shelves for all major defensive pistol and rifle calibers and rimfire.

Posted from my car phone.
  19. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

about a year. just a guess
  20. Found 3 boxes of Federal 40 S&W at the local Walmart this afternoon. Only 3 boxes of ANY pistol cartridge that they had. They now have ZERO !!! :cool: