close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What's your opinion on Benny Hinn

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Dalton Wayne, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    I think he is a fraud swindling people out of millions Faith healer don't think so

2. Dyerbill

Dyerbill

Apr 15, 2006
    NW In
    He's a liar, thief and a phony......other than that I like him:rofl:

3. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Heard of him. Never seen any of his broadcast. Based on what I have heard, very very skeptical.

4. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    I don't know anything about him, but do you want to back this up?

5. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

Snake in the grass.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  6. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
  7. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    You have no idea how many times I've clicked on that crud thinking somebody was showing Benny Hill reruns.
    [​IMG]

8. BradD

BradD

Jun 22, 2000
    KY
    Benny Hill has probably done more good for more people, and far less damage.

Sent from my DROIDX

9. Snapper2

Snapper2

Feb 22, 2008
    s.east Texas
    I agree with Paul7. How is he a fraud if he is true to what he believes in? Some denominations do not believe in faith healing or the prayer of faith for the sick so naturally it would look like a scam to them. I dont believe anyone in the Bible asked for money for praying for the sick. But today, everyone who goes on television ask for money. Is everyone a fraud? If you believe in something how are you wrong? You get what you pay for.:whistling: An Atheist backs his claims by boasting how wrong the storys of the Bible are due to their knowledge in science and the faith healer builds his faith by practicing what is preached. One says there is no God, the other says God heals.

10. THplanes

THplanes

Sep 1, 2009
    DFW
    Evolution, geology, and BBT are not inherently atheistic. They make no claims about the existence of god one way or the other. The stories of the bible are wrong because of evidence.

11. Snapper2

Snapper2

Feb 22, 2008
    s.east Texas
    But everyone believes in something. My statement had more to do with why Benny Hinn does what he does. Right or wrong.

12. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
  13. So if I believe that I can make a fortune by bilking the naive from their money, and I act in a way so as to separate these people from their money through deceit, does that mean that I am not a fraud, because my actions are consistent with my beliefs?

-ArtificialGrape

14. Snapper2

Snapper2

Feb 22, 2008
    s.east Texas
    Deceit is the key word and yes that makes you a fraud if its used.Its one thing to ask for money for a common cause that is believed in and a completely different cause(greed) if deception is used. Like I mentioned in my post I dont see in the Bible where money was ask in exchange for a prayer but ministers do have to make a living.Is it wrong for a college to charge students money?:whistling:

15. Of course it would call for speculation, but when Benny Hinn is whacking people in the head with his suit jacket or pushing them down by their face, do you think he is healing them of disease?

Do you think he really believes it?

Any chance that you've watched Marjoe?

Depends... is it a Christian college? :tongueout:

16. Snapper2

Snapper2

Feb 22, 2008
    s.east Texas
    The question to me would be credibility.Not the methods. Is he faking healings to draw more people?He will have to be accountable for that just as the people that send money are accountable to pay their bills. As for whether or not I think people are getting healed? Yes I believe God still heals. I believe He can use anyone to do it(through prayer). Whether or not someone should make money doing it isnt my business though. If money were not involved I doubt we'd be having this conversation. Money, its a hit....:supergrin:

17. When people like Binny Hinn start going into nursing homes and hospitals and start sending people with Alzheimer's, COPD, pancreatic cancer, and other incurable diseases home, I'll listen to them.