close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's your favorite nutrition bar?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Glock13, May 29, 2005.

1. Glock13

Glock13

I'd have to say I stick with the old standby "Powerbar". I also like their "Protein Plus Power Bar". As far as cost, taste, and nutrients I think it is the best. The Myoplex Deluxe bars are also good but pretty expensive.

2. 1995GMC

1995GMC Millennium Member

My favorites are the Premier brand protein bars from Costco. They come in a bundle of two boxes, each containing 12 bars. The cost is right around $20.00. My favorite flavors are the chocolate peanut butter and the yogurt peanut. Each bar has 31gr of protein.

3. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I'd like to find a bar with high protein (no soy, but good animal-source protein) and none of that low carb crap and doesn't cost as much as gasoline.

4. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

hey ateamer,

my favorite hi animal source protein bar is jerky.

Jack

5. testosterone

testosterone

tri-o-plex....30 gram protein..a handfull of different, great tasting flavors. and they are thick bars so they fill you up. Not a bar for somebody who is looking to drop calories though, they are in the upper 400cal range..great for building muscle though.

6. benji

benji

gotta agree with the trioplex. i love-em.

7. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

Costco had a cupon buy one box and get one box free for Power Bars a couple of months ago. What a waste of $20! Yuk! I think there the worst bars I've ever had, even the kids won't eat them. I haven't tried the Costco Premier brand may be I'll have to. I'm with California Jack and I'll have to warm up the Big Chief Smoker this weekend.

8. runnergirl

runnergirl

The only high protien bar I can stand is the Kashi one, 20 odd grams of protien.

If we're talking nutrition bar, Clif all the way. The carrot cake and chocolate almond fudge are the best, and they are fairly cheap. 250 cals, 4g fat, 10g protien, and lots of yummy carbs, organic and vegan...

9. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

I've recently become addicted to the Clif "Builders" bar. Best tasting I've tried yet. No too preicy either, atleast in my area, usually $1 or a bit more.

10. Henning

Henning

I like MuscleTech bars called Meso Tech. They are meal replacements and pretty tasty especially the cookies and creme. They run for just under $2 at the store per but you can get them cheaper at this website I use to order all my supplements: dpsnutrition.com. Enjoy and have a good workout.

11. testosterone

testosterone

I tried these bars and found the taste to be horrible. I couldnt take more then 2 bites.

12. tag

tag Secret Member

I am a big fan of the Myoplex lite bars. I have enjoyed almost every flavor I tried.

13. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

I tried the Costco Premier bars and they are pretty decent.

14. audi9k

audi9k

i love the ProMax line. they taste the best to me, of course, it's because they probably have the highest sugar content of anything else on the shelf.

then again, they're great for meal replacement as well as a snack. one bar and a bottle of water will push me through an entire afternoon.

15. RockinAR

RockinAR

The Met-Rx bars are pretty good. I tried one today and was impressed. I'd eat them if they were not such a ripp off. I'll stick to whole foods when possible.

16. glockman305

glockman305

Detour bars are great !

17. pellertpale

pellertpale ReMember

EAS Body for Life amd EdgeAdvantage are pretty good and cheap. They're both pretty much the same thing in different portions. They only have half of the thick chewy stuff that the Mesotech, and Powerbars are made up of. It has a layer of rice type stuff instead.

18. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

I was looking at the protein nutrition bars in Kroger and holy crap those things are expensive! I have been doing an hour of cardio first thing in the morning, and get pretty hungry midmorning, even though I eat breakfast early. But wow, I don't know if I want to spend that much...some of those were almost 3 dollars a piece!

19. testosterone

testosterone

copnsidering that they can replace a meal, a high protein bar is far less expensive and far healthier then a meal at a fast food place.
    plus you can order them online for alot cheaper then a grocery store. check dpsnutrition.com. they have tri-o-plex for 19.99 per case. they usually run over 30 bucks per case at a retail location...12 bars per case

20. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

I don't eat fast food and always pack my lunch. (Cheap and healthy). My midmorning snack usually consists of fresh fruit, sometimes I just want something more satisfying.