close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What's this about?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by garya1961, Jan 29, 2013.

1. garya1961

garya1961

Mar 17, 2012
    NC
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. glockman045

glockman045

May 21, 2008
    nothing to worry about just good little soldiers preparing for your reaction when real food costs as much as your daughters cell phone bill.

3. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    :rofl:

So, you have no idea what is going on, but don't let that stop you from assuming the worst. Maybe they were just chasing Jason Borne?

I'll wait for the AAR.

I'd imagine that this will have to be explained.

4. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

With all the tinfoilers out there, doing low level stafing runs with guns loaded with blanks sounds kind of dangerous to me. Some GNGer who didn't get the warning might return fire.

Edit: The Navy used to do landings on the Silver Strand in San Diego and they included simulated strafing runs (with charges set in the sand to simulate the impact of the projectiles), lots of smoke and explosions, landing craft full of Marines hitting the beach, and they even blew up some bunkers with satchel charges. They also invited the public to watch from the highway (pretty close actually). I'm here to tell you it was an awesome show for an 11 year old boy to watch.
    :thumbsup::patriot:

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

5. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    seems the military leadership is testing the limits of darwin,:rofl::wavey:

6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Wasn't there a big boohoo when the Bush Admin flew Air Force One over NY at a low level? But there is nothing but silence from the left when the Obama Admin does straffing runs over Miami and Houston.

The difference in the reaction is interesting to say the least.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

7. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    It was Barry that had AF 1 do the New York fly by.

List a list of assumptions so far. It was gunfire? It was blank? It came from the choppers? Then of course all the mission goals.

There will be no stopping the conspiracy theories from this one.

But to dispel one....in riots, the authorities pull back and leave people to their own devices. Anarchy happens in the middle. There are plenty of past and fairly recent examples. Maybe an extraction, but an all out assault doesn't really happen, they clash a bit at the edges, that's about it.

8. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    Actually, the thing I found interesting was the reporter calling the helicopters "military-style choppers". Sounds like the press is overusing the term "military-style" a little, don't you think?

... Now where could that have come from? :headscratch:

9. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

You'll soon not pay any attention to the "military style" helicopters hovering above every American city.

10. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I have apaches and Blackhawks over my house more days than not. My friend/threat detector chip still works, no problem. I see a HIND, and my heart might skip a beat. I see a F-16, no big. I pay close attention to MIGs.

11. garya1961

garya1961

Mar 17, 2012
    NC
    Why Miami and Houston and not Chicago and New York? I think it may be a show of power. You see boys when I come to get your guns there is no need to resist.

12. garya1961

garya1961

Mar 17, 2012
    NC
    Riff?

13. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
  14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    First it was the police being militarized... Now the military is being militarized, is there no hope for freedom????? : whistling:

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    I'm sure people will get acclimated to these types of things, question is, will the soldiers? Are these training missions used to get the soldiers acclimated to shooting at us?

16. garya1961

garya1961

Mar 17, 2012
    NC
    Sorry, guess I have the wrong Filer, lol.

17. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Riff, wrong Filer? WTF?

Is this one of those "The man has a long mustache, repeat, the man has a long mustache, the chair is against the wall" moments????

18. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    My stock in Tinfoil companies is booming. Thanks guys. I'll be able to retire in a week or so.

I know you guys just see military members as stormtroopers, but they are just us, maybe even better. They join to risk an awful lot for us. They have to go home some day. All of them know they will eventually be just "Joe Civilian" like me someday too. No one stays on active duty forever.

I guess there is no stopping the tinfoil tornado this will cause.

I am curious, this is just about as smart as Barry having AF1 buzz the Statue of Liberty. I'd have broadcast the training exercise well in advance, and allowed spectators. I'm not sure why blanks would need to be used unless they were using MILES gear and trying to hit a specific target.

Yes, our military needs to know how to operate in an urban environment, and even how to cooperate with local law enforcement. I know you guys don't thing attacks can happen on US Soil, but we've had a few of them since pearl harbor that some have forgotten.

You guys can be paranoid if you like, but I'm going to believe our military is on our side until proven wrong. But hey, that's only because I know better. No big.

19. garya1961

garya1961

Mar 17, 2012
    NC
    I thought you were referring to JasonB on the falFiles.

When the US government start shooting blanks at US citizens, it's time to get out the tinfoil.