close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what's the worst concert or band you have seen?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by clancy, May 1, 2012.

1. clancy

clancy

The "What's the best band you saw live" thread made me think of the worst concert I have ever seen. Fleetwood Mac, at Eisenhower hall at West Point, around 1989 or 90. They came out almost 2 hours late, Mick Fleetwood was so messed up he knocked over his drum kit and proceeded to yell at the roadies because they weren't putting it back together quick enough. Stevie Nicks was so stoned she couldn't remember the words to her songs.

Anybody else see a show that sucked?

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I saw the YES reunion tour. It was 178 guys on stage, either two or 3 drummers all just standing around jamming.

YES is such a technically tight band in studio. I didn't go to see the a grateful Dead. Sheesh.

In HS, I saw Mr. Mister. One album wonders because they had zero life on stage. Serious snoozefest. At least the hotties of The Bangles opened for them.

3. RJ 71

RJ 71

Worst concert I ever saw was white snake back around 1988. They came out stood in one place and played horribly for 2 hours. I was bored after the 3rd song.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. boozer

boozer

Billy Idol was hosed and laid on the stage for several songs. "Eyes without a face".

Eddie Money blew out his voice and made the audience sing along to finish his set.

My brother went to see Guns and Roses in Dayton. The opening act came and went, then at midnight Slash came out and said they were having "technical difficulties".

They came on at 2 a.m. , my brother went straight to work from the show.

Turned out Axle was on California time.

5. Combatcomm

Combatcomm

People get mad and don’t believe me when I tell them the worst concert I ever attended was Rush during the Tom Sawyer tour in 81 or 82. I guess anyone can have an off night.
    Best By far was Queen then Heart.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  6. Glock1963

Glock1963

The Cars in 1980. They just weren't my kind of music at the time so I hated it. I went to please a girl.

Nick Gilder opened up for them. Remember his only hit, "Hot Child in the City"?

7. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Joe Perry Project

8. JJohnson

JJohnson Call me Jeff

Black Crowes opened for Tom Petty. They suck real bad.

9. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

G. Love & Special Sauce

A girl I was seeing was in love with the lead singer, so she forced her way to the front of the stage for the whole show.

I hung in the back by the bar (smallish club setting) and drank myself silly.

10. jeager

jeager

Chick Corea and Return to Forever
    Berkeley Community Theater
    Full of Smug Scientologists.

11. Berto

Berto woo woo

Living Color.....great band, but soundman needed to be shot.

12. Spike52

Spike52

Say it ain't so! Saw Rush at the Gorge @ George amphitheater during the Roll the Bones tour. An Evening with Rush. No opener. Song set: Everything. Duration: Forever. It was amazing.

Worst was AC/DC. Don't remember where or when. A hundred years ago, I'm sure. I was a different person then and probably wasted, so that probably didn't help the soundmen's cause.

It was so overloud and distorted, you couldn't understand the words and could barely pick out the tune. Even when you already knew the words. Even for a died in the wool headbanger, it just sounded like noise.

-S

13. H-D&GLOCK

H-D&GLOCK Harley Rider

Worst I ever saw was Boston. Sounded nothing like thier album. sure it was in there mix though.

14. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Toss up between Better Than Ezra and 311.

15. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

The worst band I've ever seen live was Deftones in 2001 when they were on tour with Godsmack. The singer was strung out, and the rest of the band couldn't keep it together.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. razageorge

razageorge

Recently, Andrea Bocelli in Munich. Was looking forward to hearing him in concert, paid good money for the seats and then... just him and a piano, bad acoustics, no sound system to amplify his voice and he didn't even touch on any of his more popular songs. Came in, no hello's, sang and left. Booooooo!

Back in the day? Slayer at the Olympic Auditorium in LA, not because of the band but taken out by some drunk idiot who thought it would be fun to stage dive from about 20 feet off of some really high Marshall stacks on stage and into the crowd. Yeah, the bastard hit me as I was moshing in the pit, I think during Raining blood.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  17. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

The last 3 times I've seen Dickey Betts and Great Southern.
    He's been drunk, mean and musically awful.
    Each time I've gone back thinking he'd have realized why he was fired from the Allman Brothers. Nope.
    Google any of his recent shows, he butchers "Blue Skies" without fail; stares down his bandmates and disappears backstage for periods of time.
    Twice I have seen him invite the sound guy onstage only to humiliate him and blame all of his mistakes on a guy without a guitar.

18. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

The WORST concert was so miss matched, who would put Billy Cobam (sp?) a jazz/fusion band as opener. Marshal Tucker (country fried crock) and Jefferson Airplane in the same show? This was way before crack, I think?
    Jefferson Airplane did a break and the sub group Hot Tuna with Papa John Creech on violin was the highlight. Billy Cobam tore up the crowd pretty good too.
    I'll never get the Marshal Tucker country rock stuff.

19. Tx-SIG229

Tx-SIG229

not a band but worst concert i've ever seen was bob dylan in innsbrook, austria in 1991. every song sounded like he was weezing and couldn't understand or identify anything he was singing. saw him again in concert at UVa around 1993. same suck.

20. Rizzo

Rizzo Garbage Day!

Cradle of Filth. Without a doubt.

I went to see Type O Negative (RIP Peter Steele, miss you man) and for some reason, they were on before COF. I say for some reason because I always thought the crappy bands open up for the good bands, but I guess it's perspective. Anyway, after the Type O show, I stuck around for the COF show. Why not? I was there, may as well see who they are and what they sound like.

Cradle of Filth?? Cradle of **** was more like it. Completely discordant, everyone seemed to be doing their own thing with no attempt at unity, the lead singer chick looked one of those bag ladies that stands on the street corner and screams things, and that was pretty much her performance, just screaming unintelligibly... it was terrible. I lasted through one song, and was just like **** this, I'm going home.