close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What's the Fishersville Gun Show Like?

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by RussP, Aug 12, 2009.

1. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Just moved into the Charlottesville area from Richmond and am wondering how the Fishersville show compares to either of the Richmond shows.

Fishersville is a Showmasters show like the RIR show. RIR caters more to the antique arms rather than modern firearms. Is that true of the Fishersville show?

I'm in need of a gun show fix!

Thanks for the info.

:cool:

2. Messer

Messer

Jan 13, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Hey Russ,

The Fishersville show is smaller than either of thr Richmond shows - has a mix of old & new. Some military, some junktiques...

It used to be a good little show, went way down hill, and now that C&E/Showmaster has taken it over, is working on getting better.

Volunteer to cover a VCDL table shift and get in for free. (I'm the regional coordinator :wavey: )

Don't plan a day around it - you can see the whole show in less than an hour if you don't stop/talk to many tables.

Still, having said that - folks from C'ville look forward to the Showplace show down in Richmond for a good/big show.

Hope this helps,
    Bob S.

3. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    I might just take you up on working the table. I'll be in touch.

4. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    Been YEARS since I went to a show in the Expo Hall. Posted on it in GNG BRIEFLY in the "Best Gunshow Memory" thread, since it was a special day spent with dad that can NEVER be repeated or recreated now. Had a great variety of stuff. I got a couple AR-15 maggies and two G-17 +2 maggies

And welcome to the area. I am in Sherando, just over the hill from ya.

Scott

5. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    Any of the shows I would be available for I would also like to help on the VCDL table. And not just to get in.

:supergrin::supergrin::whistling::supergrin::supergrin:

EDIT TO ADD: The change of ownership is maybe why I stopped getting the cards. I was on the mailing list and got a card every time the Fishersville or Harrisonburg shows came up