close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's the deal with Romney's tax returns?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Gunhaver, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

2. aircarver

aircarver
    Expand Collapse
    Ride Continues
    Silver Member

It's unlikely that he can't come up with a birth certficate so ....

If Obamao wants to release his sealed papers I'll bet Romney will trade ... :whistling:

3. sbhaven

sbhaven
    Expand Collapse

Whats the deal with Obama's college transcripts?

Tell you what. Romney should release his tax records AFTER Obama releases his college transcripts. The progressives shouldn't have a problem with that should they? They think Obama is the smartest guy in the room. So why not let Obama prove it?
    :dunno:

#3 sbhaven, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  4. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Here is the main thing about it. You have to try, anyway possible, to keep people from remembering all of the stuff Obama has hidden.

One way, albeit a pretty pathetic one, is to keep saying that no matter what Romney releases, even when it's more than Obama released, that it's not enough.

I know, it's weak, but nobody said propping O-Nothing up at this point, would be easy.

DU should have briefed you on this. Go check.

5. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

This is a hurdle Romney is going to have to face, that's all there is to it. He has released far fewer, in terms of the number of years, tax returns than our most recent Presidents. That does not automatically mean he has anything to hide, it simply means he hasn't released them. Perhaps he thinks it is unnecessary. Perhaps he is concerned with the public perception of his effective rate, who knows. Either way, I suspect this to be a major part of the race - and how Romney handles it could very well mean the difference between another 4 years of Obama, and a Romney Presidency.

6. sbhaven

sbhaven
    Expand Collapse

The hurdle Romney or any other Republican has to face is one that Obama and Democrats do NOT have to face. It does not matter what Romney releases! The media and Democrats will simply invent another hurdle to place in front of who ever is the Republican candidate.

This is the game that is played every election cycle by the liberals and their propaganda partners in the MSM. They rig the media optics game so the Republican always has an uphill climb.

#6 sbhaven, Aug 1, 2012
  7. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Well, that would certainly be you and Obama hoping it works out that way.

Really, what a funny issue for Obama to highlight. It's almost like Obama claiming Romney wasn't born in the US. Does he really want to highlight anything relating to refusing to release records?

It will probably go over good at the DNC cheering stands (and, those don't get any bigger than the ones at the Huffington Post), and get a WTF everywhere else.

#7 series1811, Aug 1, 2012
  8. aircarver

aircarver
    Expand Collapse
    Ride Continues
    Silver Member

Us Obamao-tossers don't give a damn ......:supergrin:

9. BuzznRose

BuzznRose
    Expand Collapse

You're worried about Romneys taxes above Obamas economy? We're you worried about Tim Gietners taxes when BHO chose him as Treasury Secretary?

Only folks who care about this issue are the ones diverting attention from the current state and direction of the country.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

It is kind of interesting that an administration and party so rife with tax cheats (including the guy in charge of everybody's money) is so concerned about someone else's tax returns all of a sudden.

One almost has to wonder if there's some projection taking place also...

11. whoflungdo

whoflungdo
    Expand Collapse
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Exactly. All Romney has to say is, I'll release my tax forms as soon as everyone in your administration pays their BACK taxes...

12. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Yeah - the IRS didn't notice that.:upeyes:

A. Consider the source.

B. Consider that the source says, "a guy (with no special reason to know) told me."
    :upeyes:

C. Consider that Reid seem to be going out of his way to say, "I made this story up to force him to turn over his tax returns."

When the Huffington Post implies that one of its own is lying about a Republican, you know it's a pretty obvous lie.

#12 Bren, Aug 1, 2012
  13. whoflungdo

whoflungdo
    Expand Collapse

Another gem from the article
    That may true of previous administrations, but obviously, not the current, transparent one.

14. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

I will say that there's probably a lot of truth to that, much to your surprise since you can't seem to resist responding to a post of mine without a reference to DU (which I finally had to look up to find out WTH you keep referring to, University of Denver? Ducks Unlimited? Oh, OK, Democratic Underground! That's what this nut keeps rambling on about. Huh, I haven't heard them mentioned since I switched work shifts and quit listening to talk radio. Of course. He's one that can't fathom a slight deviation from his own way of thinking without just slapping the "democRAT" or "libtard" label on it because they like simple explainations these types, but I digress) even though I've voted "R" in just about every damn election I've voted in. But please, don't let that stop you from your neocon strokefest.

What I was looking for was some actual information on what Romney had released, what he refused, what he was required to release, ect. Both of these candidates suck as much as any could. I'm just trying to figure out which pile of **** stinks the least and guys like you do more to push me over to the darker pile than anything I see on the MSM. If fact guys like you validate and verify what I hear from the MSM. No coherent arguments, no valid points to investigate, just a bunch of haters blathering on about the same old tired (and settled) birth certificate and lapdog media garbage. Keep up the good work comrade. :wavey:

15. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Now there's the best point I've heard all day. That's a political ad I'd love to see. It would really get interesting if they called his bluff.

16. robertoh

robertoh
    Expand Collapse

Since the Dims.,can't talk about Obama's record the only thing they can do is try and divert attention to Romney with things like this,and if they(Dims.),keep this up it will soon become evident to the voters what their doing and will backfire.

17. whoflungdo

whoflungdo
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna help you out a bit, and not that you don't already know this, but the reason for several of the conservatives on this board continuous questioning of your allegiance is because you seem to only care or pose questions about Romney and your apparent defense of Obama. If you were balanced in your questioning and defense, you wouldn't get the attention from the conservatives on this board. It's your actions that are causing the attention.

That is my one good deed of the day. Like they say, "No good deed goes unpunished", I am ready for the consequences...

#17 whoflungdo, Aug 1, 2012
  18. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Who -- the milk of human kindness flows through you in veritable rivers... :cool:

19. whoflungdo

whoflungdo
    Expand Collapse

:wavey:

20. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall
    Expand Collapse
    HildabeastHater

It's a non-issue, he met all legal disclosure requirements.

Until Obama allows the release of his school records, which may or may not reveal his citizenship status, nothing else need be released and the libtards are invited to go pound sand.

Every time they attempt to raise this issue, we are reminded that they still have not vetted Barack Hussein Barry Soetaro Obama. Did he receive financial aid as a foreign exchange student? Did he travel on a foreign passport? Did he earn passing grades? Nobody knows.

If Romney cheated on his taxes, is there any doubt that Obama's IRS would file charges?