close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's the crispest Glock trigger on the market?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BigMoosie, May 2, 2012.

1. BigMoosie

BigMoosie
    Expand Collapse

What's the crispest feeling trigger on the market for Glocks. Any views? I'm looking for something in the 3.5lb-4lb range.

Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 BigMoosie, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. JBP55

JBP55
    Expand Collapse

I have tried all the connectors available and I like a nice smooth fairly light trigger. I have done quite a few Glock triggers and people like them but are they crisp? I need a good definition of crisp. Is the trigger on a stock Glock, Vanek, Glocktriggers, Glockworx crisp?

3. cciman

cciman
    Expand Collapse

Factory stock connector will give you the "crispest" most defined trigger break. Not in the 4# range that you want.

Any lightening of the trigger by connector change will also blunt the feel of the trigger break by some extent.

4. ron59

ron59
    Expand Collapse
    Bustin Caps

After at LEAST you're seventh trigger thread... you're still asking?

1. What's the crispest Glock trigger on the market?
    2. Anyone try the Skimmer trigger?
    3. Tiggers like the Skimmer that don't compromise the drop safety?
    4. How do you reduce the forward trigger travel after the reset?
    5. What aftermarket trigger options are there for the 17/19
    6. Best aftermarket Glock triggers
    7. Best aftermarket trigger for the Glock 17/19
    Yes, those are ALL threads started by *you*.

Try a Ghost Rocket kit with springs and be done with. It's cheap and has a great feel. But dude... sad. Just sad.

#4 ron59, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse
    RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

The 'cleanest/crispest' Glock trigger break is obtained by using a coil trigger spring with a '+' connector....but you have to have man muscles in your trigger finger, it breaks at around eight pounds. I used one for about 20 years, and won a lot of matches with it.

6. stolenphot0

stolenphot0
    Expand Collapse
    RTF2 Addict

7. Brad55102

Brad55102
    Expand Collapse

This killed me.
    way to call him out

8. allegro

allegro
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, I am not sure that given the geometry of the "striker-fire" Glock, a crisp trigger pull may not REALLY be possible. Yes we get it better with connectors and stuff, but "revolver crisp" is not really an option for our plastic wonders.

9. TxGlock9

TxGlock9
    Expand Collapse

^^ Ouch.. HAHAHAHAHA

Moose: you're just going to have to try them out just like the rest of us. Don't be skurred.

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Would be nice if someone figured out the search function,.....:whistling:

11. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

I only have one Glock.
    And experience with one aftermarket connector.

My Talo EXO gen 3 G27 didn't have a bad trigger to start with.
    Very little creep, stacking or grittiness.
    Maybe slightly mushy.

The Ghost Rocket 3.5 with factory springs lightened the break from ~6 to ~5 lbs.
    Gave me an improved crisp, clean break and glassy feel.
    Along with a substantially reduced over-travel and reset.

I'm very happy.
    My gunsmith, and everyone else at the LGS where the connector was fitted,
    were very impresses as well.
    [​IMG]

#12 barth, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  12. hotrodcummins12v

hotrodcummins12v
    Expand Collapse

I don't think Glock and crisp go together too well. Sorry, its the truth. The only way to get crisper trigger pulls is a NY trigger spring, which adds lbs. If its for target and not carry, try the expensive fulcrum triggers with adjustable pretravel and a Ghost rocket. If you are worried about spending too much money, start with the cheapest parts, ie: plunger spring, 4 lb striker spring, and connector. That's less then $40 shipped. I did this and I love my trigger pull, but its not crisp, its like a sponge with a solid back wall.

Sub Club 828
    1911 Club 828
    Outdoor Hub Mobile

13. BigMoosie

BigMoosie
    Expand Collapse

Hey Bubba, I'm new to Glocking and am trying to learn how to get the best out of these guns. While my posts might be repetitive in my experience if you ask the same question over and over again on these forums you get different responses from different groups of people. So I think each of my questions is valid.

#14 BigMoosie, May 3, 2012
  14. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman
    Expand Collapse

My 1911s have the crispest (crispiest?) trigger break of any of my semi autos, but they are not Glocks. My S&W 19-3 also has a very crisp single action break, but it is also not a Glock.

Not sure you can get a truly crisp trigger break with a striker fired gun, nor am I necessarily seeking one. The best I've been able to achieve with one of my Glocks is my original Gen 2 23 with a standard connector and an old style NY1 trigger spring, but it increases trigger pull into the eight pound range (guessing here as I've never measured it).

15. ron59

ron59
    Expand Collapse
    Bustin Caps

No, you do NOT need to ask the same question multiple times. On top of you asking them, multiple others have asked them.

Given the product names you have been given before in all these threads, you could have simply searched GT or Googled for more info.

I don't ridicule "newbies". If you had been on here for 15 years I would have said the same thing. I can see by the responses from my fellow posters that they feel the same way.

Lastly, I *answered* your question. You can go out and pay $200 or more for some of those trigger setups.
    ** OR **, for about $35 get this:
    http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_RTK/Rocket-Trigger-Kit-for-Glocks-GEN-1-4.html
    You'll need a takedown tool and orange backplate.

If you don't know how to do a $0.25 trigger job, the *best* way to learn is buy the
    Making Glocks Rock DVD from Midway
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...ng-institute-agi-video-making-glocks-rock-dvd
    for $40.

That $70 will get you a damn nice trigger, I consider it better than the Vanek trigger kit I paid well over $100 for.

Glock #2 will be even cheaper as you only have to buy the video once. So gun 2 is only $35.

ALL of this info would have been turned up by a search. I'm pretty sure I told you about the Ghost Rocket in one of your earlier threads. But no... you'd just rather start a new one. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. coclimber

coclimber
    Expand Collapse

#18 coclimber, May 3, 2012
  17. BigMoosie

BigMoosie
    Expand Collapse

Ron, while you're obviously a Glock expert, there are other people on this forum who have an opinion to.

I installed a Ghost Rocket connector and did the 25 cent trigger job when I first got the gun, being a 1911 guy I'm not entirely satisfied with the trigger yet and hence my continued quest for something better. However I am quickly learning Glock triggers are a one of a kind and it's just a question of just accepting the fact and adjusting ones mindset to deal with the difference.

Thanks for your advice and to all the other posters who have responded to my post in a constructive way.

#19 BigMoosie, May 3, 2012
  18. iDivideByZero

iDivideByZero
    Expand Collapse
    Padawan

Most of these trigger parts are very very cheap (compared to other guns). You can experiment around with different setups, and when you figure out the right combination for your taste then you sell off the extra parts. The problem with your question is that "crispest" is VERY subjective. Like some people have said, in their opinions, there is NO crisp Glock trigger setup. Others have given other recommendations. What you should figure out from this is that you may have to try a few different setups, and go from there.

The reason people have ridiculed you for multiple posts on the same subject is that on any forum (gun, car, computer, etc.) there are questions specific to those forums that are asked over and over and over again by different people. On GT the two most common I see are "what night sights should I get?" or "what trigger setup should I get?" You didn't just post a repeat of this common question, you've literally already started seven threads on the subject. There are forums out there where this behavior gets you banned. The attitude is that the subject has been covered ad nauseam, and if you use the search feature you'll find all of the information that will be given is already contained in the archives. Sure some responses are going to vary ever so slightly, but the general overall information is the same.

On your original question: just get the Ghost Rocket. It may or may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it is a great place to start. You can always try swapping out some springs next. If you aren't comfortable installing the connector (watch a video online, there are tons out there) then take it to a gun smith. I had never done anything like this, and I was able to do it easily. I really liked how Ghost Inc. stands behind their product, was easily reachable for questions, and if you have a problem installing it (over grind the TCT) they will replace the connector no questions asked (you pay shipping there, they cover return shipping on the replacement).

The $0.25 trigger job is real easy to do also, just Google it (don't post another thread about it :rofl:). Both the trigger job and connector can be done at the same time, but I would recommend doing them separately so that you can appreciate the effect each one has on the gun.

Edit* it seems while I was posting this you were editing your last post, and you said you had already tried the Ghost Rocket and the $0.25 trigger job. So, basically every bit of advice I gave is worthless, and you just wasted 30 seconds of your life reading this ....

#20 iDivideByZero, May 3, 2012