What's the best G27 carry rig?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Glockfan1977, Dec 1, 2011.

1. GT Nation: I am roughly 5'-7" tall and I weigh about 140lbs. I am a rather slender guy and my carry gun of choice is a G27. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to carry it? I do not like SOB holsters, there name says it all. I do however, like a paddle holster preferably Kydex. My dilemma is how to carry on the hip or in a fanny pack, etc...

I welcome suggestions from all who carry on a regular basis.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. a 140 lb man with a fanny pack.....you will attract attention

i got a G27 and have 2 holsters

IWB King tuk
    OWB bianchi black widow

i like both...i use the black widow mostly...it shows a bit, but no one notices....very comfortable...rides high, so all you need is an untucked tee shirt

i also like the black widow because it has a thumb break...i play/wrestle around with my kids and dont want my gun falling out...it holds it great

3. I only carry my G27 IWB in a Crossbreed Super Tuck at the 3:00 position. I'm way bigger than you however, not that it matters much depending on how you dress for concealment.

4. Open carry. Provided it's legal where you live.

5. This is our most popular OWB. It is actually what I carry my 26 in daily.

[​IMG]

6. The best holster is the one that is most comfortable for you to wear. BTW fanny packs are gay.

7. ShadyScott: Do you have a holster in the same configuration in the pic that is not lined with leather? This is of course assuming the one depicted is lined with leather. Thanks for the advice and pic it looks great!

8. UNFORTUNATELY, it is not legal here in SC. Hopefully, it will be one day!

9. How do you like pocket holsters?

10. It is all leather. :rofl: Where are you in SC?

11. Try an ankle holster! Best method for 100% concealment!

12. My normal setup is this belt slide, and occasionally a Galco ankle holster when nothing else will work. Ankle holsters are really only useful when you're sitting down, as in the car, on on the ground....not necessarily a good place to find oneself. :upeyes:

[​IMG]

13. That sucks. I'm your size too (I might have 5 pounds on you). If u have a slightly oversized t-shirt you should have no problem carrying it IWB with a good holster and belt. I've found my Springfield XDm to be easily concealed and it's a fair amount bigger than the 27 (XDm is ever so slightly smaller than a Glock 27). It's especially easy if you wear a button up shirt over the t-shirt. That opens up A LOT of options. Shoulder holster, OWB (be careful you don't show), and IWB much easier.

14. I carry a G27 too, but I'm about 5'9" and 195lbs (so I am not in the most fit of shape) I usually wear a medium-sized shirt, but when I'm carrying I need either a large, or a hoodie of sorts. I have tried a couple different holsters and found I really like a Galco Ankle Glove when applicable, a Remora RFT when just running a quick errand, or an X-Concealment Modular Kydex Pancake holster any other time. They each have their place.

My only beef with kydex pancake is when using their iwb clips (depending on the company), they print worse than the gun/holster. So I am ordering some tuckable soft loops to try those out and I think they will be just the ticket. And for someone of your size, I think you might want to talk to the holster maker and if you order a kydex pancake, tell them the size of your waist and they can probably curve it to fit you perfectly.

The Remora is a great do-all. I keep my G27 in it when she is tucked away in the nightstand for the night. And I really like wearing it in the summer time cuz it doesn't cover as much area and I can tuck it really deep IWB. The kydex pancake rides a little higher, but is much more comfortable cuz it is having my belt support the gun rather than friction alone.

#14 dustbusterplus, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  15. I use the MIC and put it wherever it needs to go for the situation that i am in - works great. I have carried this way longer than any other method.

16. :upeyes:

You do realize about 99% of the population walks around in condition stupid don't you?

I wear one several times a week, and have never had anyone ask me what type of firearm I'm carrying, or ask me to remove my fanny pack, etc.. Yeah, if you're in a business suit and using a fanny pack, it might look odd. Most "everyday" attire can blend in a fanny pack pretty easily.

The only people it "screams gun" to, is LE and other people carrying a gun.

IGF

17. If you want a kydex paddle holster i'd say Comp Tac. Other kydex I like are the RCS Phantom (wearing one now), Secret City Weaponeers K25 and the Blade-Tech NANO.

18. Lord

Lord Senior Member

kydex holster with pancake wings. rides very tight to the body, and very secure carry. virtually undetectable even if wearing a tshirt flapping in the breeze.

check into:

Raven Concealment (expensive, long wait, but high quality)
    Crown Holsters (reasonably priced, very fast turn around, good quality)

19. I'm slender as well and carry G27 in one of three holsters, depending on clothing:
    1) Blackhawk leather cqc clip in appendix (most often)' not most comfortable if you sit for long periods of time.
    2) Blade Tech UCH at 330.
    3) Glock OEM combat holster.

These three have serves my needs for the quite some time, although I admit I'm tempted to try one of the kydex, leather hybrids.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. kn38ms

kn38ms Glockaholic