What's the best .22 conversion kit for a Glock 19?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Metal Angel, May 21, 2012.

1. "Best" can mean top of the line, or bang for your buck... Whichever you think is more important. I just don't even know where to start with this idea so all suggestions are welcome.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Ruger mark III hunter.....same price and it is a whole gun. Sorry I don't care for conversions that cost as much as a full gun since a 9mm is not that unreasonably priced to shoot.

#2 Dragoon189, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  3. Cool story, bro.

I'm looking for a .22LR conversion kit for my Glock 19. Not a companion for my Mk II or High standard.

4. Star by looking at Advantage Arms or Ciener 22lr conversation kits, take a look at YouTube there are a few reviews of them both, something to keep in mind would be if you Glock is a Gen3 or older or the new Gen4 the kits are different. GSG also makes a glockish type firearm chambered in 22lr
    Tactical Solutions also make a kit but I think its only for full-size glock frames not to sure about that.

5. I have an advantage arms g19 kit. Love it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

The Advantage Arms kits work really well with CCI ammo.

:50cal:

7. I recently purchased an advantage arms g19 kit. Put 300 rounds thru it with no problems using federal bulk. It sits on a gen2 frame. I am very pleased. It is a shame they will not make a 15 round standard mag but they now produce a 25 rd mag for $40. Go figure. Tacsol makes a 15 rd mag for the glock for $35.

#7 Angel, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  8. Advantage Arms would be a very good choice for a 22lr conversion on your G19. The only problem that I see is finding one for sale. They are very hard to find. I wish that Glock would produce it.

9. Cole125

Silver Member

I have a Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for my G19 and no complaints. As long as I use the suggested ammo, CCI Mags or Remington Golden Bullets it works fine. Accurate, fun to shoot.

Now your problem is finding a AA kit in stock. I got mine on gun broker NIB from a guy, so thats a option.

10. Advantage arms, my kids absolutely love shooting it. Perfect way to transistion them right into a glock shooting service caliber loads.

Pic of one of my daughter's targets.

[​IMG]

11. I have an AA on my G19. I had to return it as soon as I got it because it wouldn't reset (or set) the trigger. Since then, no issues at all. I have shoot all types of ammo without problems. Cheap way to get trigger time on your Glock, that something that no other .22 can do.

12. jarubla

jarubla Dos Pistolas

+1 for AA

-Jay

13. For the last couple of years every time this question comes up it seems most people who have one like the Advantage Arms kit.

14. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

Advantage Arms suppose to work fine and if you want a kit that works well only and as long as you use the "suggested" ammo, go ahead and buy it. (If you can find one)

#14 SalfromCal, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  15. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

The real question is where can you find an AA conversion for a third gen G19 for a reasonable cost.