Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's that screw on my Gold Cup?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by teumessian_fox, Jun 11, 2010.

  1. It's a Series 80 and the trigger is skeletonized w/a screw in it. The way you turn the screw is sticking a straight piece of metal and turning.

    What's the screw for? Travel? Resistance?
  2. Quack

    Quack Rent this space

    Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    it's an over-travel screw.

    the way i set it is turn it in (CW) until the hammer won't fall. i usually do it with the MSH off.
    turn it out (CCW) until the hammer falls and clears the 1/2 cock notch.
    turn it out another 1/4-1/2 turn or so.
    use blue Loc-tite once the adjustment is done.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010

  3. motorcopm4

    motorcopm4 Μολὼν λαβέ

    Feb 9, 2008
    over-travel screw