close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Whats on your AR?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by kimbercollector, Nov 7, 2012.

1. kimbercollector

kimbercollector

Sep 6, 2012
    Im curious on the various set ups you have chosen for your AR platform.

On my 16 inch, Ive kept it very streamline, from a Triji 4x32 HorseShoe ontop and a pair of Dueck Defense QTS. Other than that, its for a MI Midlength Handguard, Magpul Grip and A2 Buttstock.

On my 10.5 SBR, I have your basic quadrail, flashlight, Eotech 512, and a El-Cheapo low profile laser, and MagPul furniture.

My coyote 20 inch is set up with a standard 20 in HB and a Nikon M223 along with a bipod.

What do you have on yours, and what are your primary uses? Why did you choose what you did...

Pictures welcome.

Dave
    RIFLELOGBOOK.COM

2. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    Eotech 552, Surefire M951XM07, Magpul MOE stock, Tang Down VFG, Troy BUISs, ladder rail covers. I own a 3 point sling, but rarely use it. There's extra batteries for the Eotech and Surfire in the grip and VFG.
    [​IMG]

Uses? Fun, range toy, HD/SD. If some sort of SHTF, considering where I live and what it would probably be, I won't be doing anything about it....other than trying to get the hell outta here.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012

3. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    EOTech EXPS-2, Impact weapons light mount, Streamlight polytac and a Magpul MS3 sling.

4. EOTech XPS 2-0. A light laser combo will follow soon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  5. Brian Brazier

Brian Brazier

Jan 20, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Moe Handguards, CTR Stock, and a Carry Handle Sight

6. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Just mainly Magpul stuff on mine.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

Attached Files:

7. tenntornado

tenntornado

Oct 17, 2011
    Derpville
    Just a VCAS,and a TRL1 on my one and only AR,a 12 yo Bushy Mforgery

8. akgunnut

akgunnut

Feb 17, 2007
    Alaska
    Magpul MOE hand guards, VTAC light mount with Surefire G2, Aimpoint PRO, Magpul rear MBUS, Magpul MOE pistol grip, Magpul CTR stock, and VTAC 2-Point Padded sling.

[​IMG]

Used for home defense, fun at the range, and SHTF if needed.

I wanted to keep it as lightweight as possible but still have the capabilities of a good defensive carbine. The light would be handy for identifying potential threats in the dark, sling is handy in case I need to carry the rifle for any length of time, and the red dot is for quick target acquisition. The rear Magpul MBUS is self explanatory. The stock I sort of bought on impulse but I like it better than the standard M4 stock.

I keep her loaded with Hornady TAP 55 gr. .223 ammunition

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  9. Brian Brazier

Brian Brazier

Jan 20, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Forgot I have a Colt front sight sling mount and a SKT 2pt quick release sling as well.

10. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    My go to rifle has a Aimpoint Pro with a Aimpoint 3x magnifier in a LaRue flip to side mount along with a Surefire VTAC light. Troy BUIS.

11. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    Target use - 20" Rifle - A1 upper receiver, Magpul MOE grip, fixed stock and rifle length handguard
    SHTF fantasy use - 16" Midlength - Troy Rear flip sight, Aimpoint T-1, MOE grip and handguard, CTR stock
    Suppressed hunting and range use - 16" Carbine - Trijicon RMR, MOE stock, TROY Axe grip

12. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I have decided to keep my Colt 6720 simple for now. I slapped on a carry handle, quad rail with ladder covers, and an AFG2. That's it...for now. Probably gonna look around for an Aimpoint optic for it next spring.

13. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Nov 29, 2010
    DFW
    DD M4 V1 with gas block sight removed, Magpoul folding front and rear sights, EoTech 512. A simple, reliable, and VERY accurate rifle.

14. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    I keep my S&W as simple as possible. I don't put gear on my rifle I'm not ever going to use.

Magpul
    Handguard (OD)
    CTR Stock (OD)
    M3 sling
    B.A.D lever
    BUIS

Streamlight
    TRL-1 (when needed)

Vltor
    Gunfighter charging handle Mod.3

Tru-Glo
    Red dot optic (cheap but accurate and effective) Aimpoint micro coming down the road.

15. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    Pics?

I'd love to visually understand (see) what you mean by removing the gas black sight...see how you did that. Did you just dremel-off the front sight post?

16. SFW

SFW

Jan 24, 2007
    Republic of Texas
    A flash light and a Nikon 3x9 scope. It's for hog hunting.

17. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Mine is done the same way. You can look at the one I posted earlier in the thread. I just used a saw to cut it off and then a dremel tool to grind it down and remove the edges. It's not hard to remove it, just hard to make the decision to do it. Then once you start there is no turning back.

18. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    With the DDM4V1, I would think it would take a very steady hand to cut/grind it, and then you'd be left with a gap in the top of your quad-rail. I'm just wondering how that worked-out for Clutch Cargo, how it looks.
    [​IMG]