close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's on the wall in your reloading area?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by njl, Sep 26, 2012.

1. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    Thankfully, I reload indoors in A/C. I was just thinking about hanging a few frames I took from my late grandfather's house several years ago. One is an original roughly 8x10 autographed photo of J. Edgar Hoover signed to my grandfather, on 9-11-45, I'm guessing on his departure from the FBI. I'm told he'd tried to resign from the FBI so he could enlist to fight in WWII, but J. Edgar told him "you'll do your war service here." I have his framed FBI War Service Certificate as well...and was going to hang the two together.

Not that I would dream of selling these things...but it occurred to me, the photo might have some value. I did a bit of googling, and couldn't find anything like it...but got the notion that it's probably worth at least several hundred $, perhaps more. I just kind of wonder if these are things that should just be put up on the wall, or put (intact in their glass fronted frames) into something bigger to protect them before hanging them.

2. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    A clocks a Budweiser mirror my dad had since I was a kid , bins to hold my mags, rest is covered by safe , desk, ammo cabnit, and bookshelves.

3. Dirk Pitt

Dirk Pitt Millennium Member

Jan 12, 1999
    USA
    I am in my garage so what's on my walls are 2 x 4 studs! Lucky to be inside with AC. My biggest problem is dust, I have to cover EVERYTHING when not in use. Real pain.

4. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    I have a picture of President Reagan and I need to get a frame for the autographed print of Sgt. Sammy Davis.

5. snowwdog

snowwdog snowwdog

Nov 30, 2011
    georgia
    wow, you guys are hard core. I just have playboy centerfolds stuck to the walls. guess im a bit shallow.

6. weatherbyman

weatherbyman

Jan 27, 2010
    I have my blacktail antlers, and my grandfathers chainsaw bar that my mom had painted.

7. Picture of my Dad in his Army officers uniform in WW2. Also framed is his Honorable Discharge. And a USPS poster advertising the HBO series John Adams.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  8. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    Paint! OH also a window.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  9. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    Thats my garage, it's just too hot in Texas to reload outside.

10. Larry_Waters

Larry_Waters

Feb 20, 2012
    Everything else shared in the garage for space, but above the bench there's 2 American Flags one printed on 9/12 the day after by the news paper, Naval Air Power poster, a Heineken plaque and tools.

The anti fatigue mats make standing and loading much more comfortable.

11. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Couple of GSSF team plaques. GSSF Life Member Plaque, NRA Distinguished Expert certificate, Shadow box with all of the hat pins from attending Conyers GA. GSSF matches. Temperature, humidity and barometer gauges. NSSA quail clock. Certificate when I got kicked out of the nest. 1000 hrs. flying certificate AC-130.

12. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

May 22, 2002
    A clock, a few framed airplane prints/lithos and a Dillon Aero calendar.

13. A clock, a Dillon calendar, and my RCBS beam scale.

14. TX Archer

TX Archer

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Shelves, a Dillon calendar, a set of turkey wings, and an LED tv.

Not if you're dedicated.

15. vtducrider

vtducrider

Nov 13, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've got an M-1 Garand on the wall above my reloading bench. It's pretty beat up, and I really like the looks. I have never shot it, although I am sure it still functions.

16. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Two things a Winchester,John Wayne 94,store poster and a redwood plaque my stepdaughter got me from her Montana trip,that reads The only time she's happy is when he's miserable. SJ 40

17. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    Dust.

One laminated print, of a guy walking through a marsh, cradling his shotgun (me).
    Photo taken by my best friend.
    He was killed 3 days after giving me that photo.

I used to have a quote hanging on the wall.

"Thou shalt pick one target, forsaking all others, when a flock flyeth past."
    - Jim Carmichael

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  18. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Antlers, Dillon calendar, Stihl calendar (I always must be sure of the date :whistling:), Sierra bullet poster, Hornady Zombie Max poster (thanks Lizard!!!), an old Winchester tin of a guy fighting a grizzly bear, a tin I bought up in Glacier national park...

I should get some old hunting pics up on the wall like Jack has (although my game wasn't human). I should find a place for my old trap trophies, but with all my reloading and casting gadgetry, I ain't go no room!

Hope to add an elk rack next month. :supergrin:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  19. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    And I bet no glue or tape is required to keep them stuck to the wall.:whistling:

20. 2@low8

2@low8

Sep 18, 2009
    Just misc. stuff - including Larry-Boy[​IMG]