close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's it take to become a Masonic lodge member

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dalton Wayne, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Do they recruit, I don't know any Masons but have a high interest in becoming one, never belonged to any type of organizations but would like to. don't want to join one of the drinking lodges like the moose as I don't drink.

2. skorper

skorper harborrat

Pretty sure you have to be invited to join by a current Mason.

3. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

4. bigdogmurph

bigdogmurph Lifetime Member

5. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

I knew a fella that belonged....it's a money game club...most members have some large sum in the bank...

I believe you must be invited, that is, you must know someone already in it, then they give your name to the committee to peruse and check your contacts out...somebody must vouch for your good character .

Then there is a 'play' of sorts that you must 'act' in, secret handclasps, lots of secrecy involved ,according to my old friend....

I could be very wrong, this was many years ago he and I spoke of it...

i amout....lost my cap finger...:cool:

6. bigdogmurph

bigdogmurph Lifetime Member

Not a money club. You will pay to get in and pay yearly dues @ 125.00 at my lodge. Everyone is equal in the lodge how much money you earn or have is not an issue.

7. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

This.

8. JerseyJack

JerseyJack

I would find out what night the lodge in your area have their meetings and stop by and meet the members. The guys in my lodge are very friendly. Google your lodge I'm sure they have a sight with information. Worse comes to worse go right to the state of Florida sight.

9. Caver 60

Caver 60

My advice is, investigate it carefully, before you join

I've been invited to join, but when I talked to the guy who invited me for awhile he decided to get out of it.

I don't know your religious beliefs, and I know full well they claim not to be a religion, but there are plenty of sources that will give you the lowdown on them at a good Bible bookstore. Not so much on the internet. They will claim these books are all a big pack of lies.

BTW my brother was also in it, before he got out of it.

I know I'll get flamed for this post. Flame suit on.

Nite Nite.

10. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

The Masons are not as you describe. They are the most egalitarian of organizations and dedicated to service.

11. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

12. BuckFiddy

BuckFiddy

13. G17Jake

G17Jake

What do they do that interests you?

14. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

If I knew what the did I would probably be a member they seem to be very secret and distinctive,
    Just exploring an intrest as of now..

15. AirCav

AirCav Out Front! CLM

Definitely not a money club. (my lodge dues are only $55/yr..it does vary) One of the principle Masonic tenets is that we all meet "on the level." Whatever "status" you may have outside the lodge stays outside. I have found this to be true.

You will not be invited. As someone mentioned, 2B1ask1 (to be one ask one). The idea being that we want to insure you are joining of your own free will and for the right reasons. Nobody coercing or recruiting you.

If you absolutely don't know anyone who is a Mason (you might be surprised if you ask around), call your local Mason's lodge (yep, they're in the phone book and may have a website) and simply express an interest, explain your situation, and they will surely accommodate you. They will likely have someone who will vouch for you after they get to know you a bit.

I encourage you to pursue your interest in Masonry. You will find that it's not nearly as mysterious or "secret" as the interweb and conspiracy fans would have you believe. I find it rewarding to be affiliated with a fraternity of good men who still value good character and brotherhood in a modern world that doesn't. I'm also intrigued by the historic connection to many great Americans.

There are many here with more Masonic knowledge than me but I'd be happy to try to answer any questions you might have either via PM or in GT's Freemason's Lodge forum.

16. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Its a bizarre, dying cult thats at odds with christianity if that matters to you.

17. Ronny

Ronny Good Guy

As a regular masonic lodge member I'll tell you it is against the rules to ask someone to join. Guys might tell their friends the benefits of it and give them a petition but will never actually ask. It has to be of your own free will and accord. Other than that you need to be 21 years of age and of good reputation (not a felon), and not be an atheist.

18. Ronny

Ronny Good Guy

I think that actually was true of the New York masons in the late 19th century with the Tammany Hall gang and remains true of a few clandestine lodges but is not at all true of ordinary masonry. If you want to join a money club I'd suggest various country clubs the more elite of which are invitation only, not masonry.

19. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Oh my hell. First, for most, it has nothing to do with money. I WISH my Lodge was some sort of "money pool" and that most of my Brothes had big money. :rofl:

Second, you will not be invited. One may ask you "why you haven't joined", but if someone ASKS you to join, rest assured at best, they are breaking rules, and at worst, not a true Masonic Lodge.

Third, as a Mason, there is nothing you MUST do. It is all "of your own free will and accord".

As other have said. If you have an interest, just ask one. Feel free to PM me and I can have a Brother in your area get in touch. Be assured you will generally be among some of the best men you will ever meet.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  20. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Interesting. Care to elaborate....with FACTS. :supergrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.