close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats going on with the PTC?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Amateurknight, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Amateurknight

Amateurknight
    Expand Collapse

I have been inquiring this in a few places now, I hope I can find a straight answer dito. Is it available to aquire as of now? Is it safe(legally of course)? Thanks....;a

2. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

currently, its only made available to civilians with death threats. threat level is validated by PNP intel.

3. horge

horge
    Expand Collapse
    -=-=-=-=-
    Lifetime Member

Hi AK :)

Yes, it is. The total of permit fees runs to about 4,200.00.
    As 9MX has pointed out, you technically have to 'really need' the PTCFOR: 'outstanding threat' as the PNP deems it. Just obtaining the documentary proof of your actual need can run in excess of 10,000... even waaay in excess
    ;f
    Not sure what you mean by that, AK. :)
    There's nothing inherently unsafe about obtaining and bearing a PTCFOR: I mean, the authorities already KNOW you own a firearm (along with every different Bong, Jun and Pepe whose PTT your name shares space with every 3 months), and I've yet to hear of extra off-hours attention being lavished by the boys in blue onto a private citizen just because he/she holds a PTCFOR.

Now, if you mean 'is it safe to carry', then that's a whole other discussion. You have to ask yourself: is PhP 12,000 --maybe even PhP 20,000 and every year, mind you-- justified by whatever threat you perceive? That's a monthly salary for most, and that's merely the cost of obtaining a permit. If you carry, the fact DEMANDS additional considerable expense in training for safety AND effectiveness with your weapon. Carrying is a profound responsibility towards all who fall within your weapon's theoretical reach at any given time. Carrying via PTCFOR does not provide constant security: how many establishments rightfully disallow private firearms carried onto their premises?

I could have gotten a PTCFOR some time back. With the documents I already had in hand, I was advised that I needn't have to shell out too much more than the permit fees. I decided not to, for all the inherent disadvantages of carrying, rather than any disadvantages of bearing a permit to do so.
    :)

horge

4. Amateurknight

Amateurknight
    Expand Collapse

Good advice guys. Thanks... Thats why I love this forum ... straight to the point. Thats what I needed. Oh, and thanks horge for showing me here.