close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats a good tactical light for the ak

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by conpro, May 18, 2010.

1. conpro

conpro
    Expand Collapse

I was looking at the surefires and the G-2 looked pretty good it is the black polymer which i think will match the AK good. Whats your thoughts on a good light.

2. RWBlue

RWBlue
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

I will give the same answer as if you were putting it on an AR, it depends. It depends on if you are using it outdoors or in doors (normal house or office building). IMHO, The G2 LED is good for in doors. If you are going to be outdoors, I suggest more light.

And, G2 vs. G2 LED. G2 produces less light then the G2 LED. The G2 LED is the correct amount of light for use and because it is an LED, you will not kill the bulb like you can on an incondensable G2.

3. conpro

conpro
    Expand Collapse

I thought about getting the G-2 with the nitrolon bulb it looks pretty bright and if it isnt i can get the led for it.

4. Aceman

Aceman
    Expand Collapse

I agree - the key is looking good. I mean - a functional light is nice, but if it kills yor tacticool ensemble, I mean, really, what's the point?

That G2 really works well as a matching ensemble with Promag Waffle mags - or Belgian #10's for the Prada of AK mags...:rofl:

seriously....I like surefire g2, and I also have a P6. LED is key for extended time.

RW said everything you need know.