close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What's a good free word processor for Mac?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by wavetrain75, Sep 19, 2010.

1. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Simpler the better. I don't even need to be able to place graphics, just easy basic formatting and gives me three or four print qualities.

2. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    michigan

3. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Another vote for OpenOffice!

Works great, price is quite right!

Download and install with confidence, it's a great package.

HTH

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Open Office Suite is all I use on Linux or Windows... I'm not sure why people still pay for MS Office.

IGF

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  5. mgo

mgo

Aug 9, 2010
    Your Mac already has "TextEdit" which may be suitable for your needs. Files can be saved in .doc format, which would make it viewable to either PC people or Mac people, or even Linux.

6. Padre

Padre

Jan 23, 2010
    Republic of Texas
    Openoffice here. Just wish the conversion to MS Word was more accurate. Sometimes hard with resume's making sure they come out the same. I just go ahead and convert to .pdf format from Openoffice.

7. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

Jan 31, 2008
    I like open office so far, does what I need and the price was right. Thanks.

And since I don't like reading directions, how do I set it as my default for word processor documents?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
  9. mr peas

mr peas

Aug 27, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    I use open office as well. I love it, I think its great that we have something like it available.

Here's a tip, when I want to eventually save my document in .doc files, I simply make one blank page that's been saved in .doc file with all the settings I picked out and need. Then when I want to make a new file, I just copy and paste that blank file and voila, instant word file.

But the auto-settings feature is better if you can get it done. I've been so lazy I've just been doing it this way ever since. :embarassed:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  10. MDLibertarian

MDLibertarian NRA Life Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Columbia, MD