Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Whatcha think?

Discussion in '5.7 X 28mm Club' started by the perfesser, May 17, 2010.

1. Reb 56

Reb 56

Mar 12, 2007
    South Texas
    Just wondering how the AR 57 rifles are for reliability and what kind of velocity do they produce ? Starting to get interested in this caliber but cannot afford the PS90.
  2. Roughedgekid

Roughedgekid Old Fart

Feb 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    It would be nice to have a 5.7 glock the size of a 23 and ammo around 10 bucks a box. I guess I should wake up now.

3. the perfesser

the perfesser

Jun 24, 2007
    As the OP, I guess it's my right to chime in a few weeks shy of the first anniversary of the inauguration of the 5.7x28 club/subforum and this, its earliest thread.

In the meantime, my friend sold his 5.7 FN pistol, but kept the carbine. Have not had a chance for a second outing.

And I notice that FN keeps dropping a lot of money on gunzine print advertisement for the pistol. (Funny -- they never push High Power ads at all......!) So I guess that FN is selling a large number of the pistols?

Roughedgekid's comment was thought-provoking. Why hasn't some other manufacturer chambered a quality firearm in 5.7x28 that doesn't cost almost $1000? Does such a market niche exist?

I wish I understood more regarding the production costs of mass-produced firearms......
  4. B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    I have spoke with guys that use the FN pistol for Antelope, they claim that they kill them at 200 yards.