close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What would you wander the earth with?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TriggerFinger, Jan 26, 2012.

1. TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger

May 26, 2010
    Just and imaginary scenrio for fun.

If you could choose only one pistol and no other firearms, what would it be?

Keep in mind that you are constantly on the move so reloading would not be an option.

I'm torn between the g21 and the g17, but leaning for capacity over soft shooting larger caliber size. Maybe even the full size Caracal that holds 18 rounds, but Glock has the 33 rounders

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

2. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    Just a handgun, huh? Talk about being ill-prepared for life's little problems ... :tongueout:

But, in the spirit of the thread topic, it would be a Ruger Redhawk chambered in .44 Magnum.

A decently capable and versatile large bore handgun caliber which has demonstrated itself around the world, and a revolver platform that has demonstrated itself to be sufficiently durable and robust.

3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
  4. CrookCounty

CrookCounty Trolling Noob

I agree with ^^^ I would take a .22LR

5. CrookCounty

That would be great for squirrel hunting when you get hungry :whistling:...but you would have to search for all the bits and pieces when you blow that poor animal up! :supergrin:

6. Vance665

Vance665

Nov 13, 2009
    My G21C, I want .45acp if I have to scavenge for ammo on the move.

7. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    Good point. Can you buy or scavenge ammo on the local economy, or do you have to carry all you need with you?

8. AR-15 pistol

OR

Walther P22, I can carry 2k rounds no problem

9. RightGlock1

RightGlock1

Feb 12, 2010
    CZ P07 in 9mm. Compact, high capacity, accurate.

10. CrookCounty

I changed my mind...I would take my G19 with my AA conversion kit. Keep some 9mm for defense against other humans and larger animals and the .22 for killing small dinner bits.

You said one pistol...not how many pistols I can make out of that one right :supergrin:

11. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I dont need a gun. Give me a bowie knife and a long bow, and ill lead the charge.

12. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    seriously though..if I had to go just one prolly my glock 21. for one, it is my only glock, and it is just very easy to clean on the fly. ammo is plentiful, and it can shoot dirty. my backup choice would be my cz, but it just takes a little more time to take down and clean. luckily I get to have both though :)

13. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    OK, so this is Glock Talk, and "Glock" is the only correct answer, right??

I already have a G20 and I know it well. It would NOT be my choice. No Glock would.

Flame on.

14. Rally Vincent

Rally Vincent Bipolar

Feb 16, 2003
    The Bar.
    Only a pistol? That's sucks.

Give me my Colt S70 I guess.