What would you like to see in a new HK pistol?

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by cowboy1964, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Lower bore axis.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

2. Absolutely. The HK45 is probably the best hangun out there of its kind in my opinion. Definately the best .45 handgun. I gladly paid $900 for mine. Id do it again.

3. Apparently never fired a p7?
  4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That's why people are winning in competition with H&K all over the world...I mean, if anybody actually was...that would be why...instead of winning with guns that cost half the price by do a lot better on accuracy, speed and reliability.:upeyes:

5. Although I believe that the statement you quoted to be silly, your arguement is a little off. HK has a far different business model than Glock and S&W. HK makes expensive, high quality guns and focuses on military contracts. Glock and S&W makes excellent, but lower costing striker fired designs and they want them in every holster possible. Sponsering alot of pro shooters helps them. I know HK has a shooting team also, but their emphasis is clearly not on it. They don't advertise a whole lot compared to Glock or S&W either. Plus, in pro shooting, its the indian not the arrow. There are people out there smoking the competition with Taurus for God sakes.
  6. I don't understand how some think the HK's are overpriced. When I take my P-30 down and look at the engineering, machining, tolerances, etc, I don't know how they make a dime of profit. We are so fortunate to be able to buy and own such precision pieces. Like the old saying goes, "if you buy the cheapest one available, you get the cheapest one available."
  7. barth

barth six barrels

I paid $999 for my HK45C.
    Now that I've put a few thousand rounds down range.
    I'm convinced its really worth much more than I paid.

Truly one of the finest .45 ACP handguns available at any price.

HK45C Light LEM
    #67 barth, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  8. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns
    Millennium Member

Then go to your FFL you bought this HK45C from and give him the rest of the money! :wavey:
  9. barth

barth six barrels

Already did that;
    #69 barth, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  10. Patriot328

Patriot328 B756

I wish HK would get their **** together and produce a striker pistol with a grip safety, perhaps a steel framed gun, as well.

hah ok, I love my P30 and 45c LEMs.. :)

11. People say HK's are overpriced because a Glock can keep up with a HK for half the price of a HK. Lets get something straight. HK's quality isn't so good that it makes every other fireman a low quality firearm.

HK= Quality
    Sig= Quality
    Glock= Quality
    1911= Quality
    Springfield= Quality

Also concerning folks equating quality with higher priced guns... I'll just say this, I've seen 50k dollar Corvettes EAT 100k dollar BMW's and I've also seen 500 dollar Glocks with higher round counts then some of these 1000 dollar guns out here. I buy HK's because I like polymer DA/SA guns with a frame mounted safety, not because I beleive somehow since I coughed up 900$ my gun will be more reliable then your gun.

What would I like to see in a new HK pistol? Nothing! I don't want to see a P2000 or HK45c with the "Spidey" P30 grips because that would defeat the purpose of making them conceal carry friendly. I don't want to see them change the USP/USPc, if you don't like the USP/USPc get a P2000... Don't like that then get a P30 and if that doesn't fit you then I don't know what to tell you. From the P7 to the HK45 to the USP match and nearly ten different trigger configurations for each gun... If you can't find one that's perfect for you out of the HK toybox then eh, maybe you're a Glock guy.
  12. a .22 upper for the P30......
  13. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

1. Stippling from a USP Compact.
    2. Slide release from a USP Compact.
    3. Bobbed Hammer from a USP Compact.
    4. Slide profile and milling from a P2000 or P30.
    5. Rail from a P2000. (Not P30)
    6. Grip shape and size from a USPc .45
    7. LEM.
    8. Mag release paddle from HK45C.
    9. Barrel length matching P2000.
    10. 9mm and .357 Sig.
    11. Dimensions no larger than P2000.

Yeah so like a USPc and a P2000 have a baby and there you go.
  14. uhhhhhh......

dont you own a P7?!? notice the lack of hammer...

if you're are going to be a over zealous fanboy at least be a knowledgeable one.

and please, besides look pretty, (which, for a combat weapon, means nothing) enlighten me on what your HK can do that Glocks cant for half the price.

I happen to like HK, but im not delusional enough to think that Glocks are crap. a talented shooter can be just as accurate with a glock, and most are just as reliable. it wont ruin my day if i drop a glock. an HK on the other hand....
    #74 Dubble-Tapper, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  15. BuckyP

Lifetime Member

Pass the DHS torque test? :whistling:

I actually shoot a Glock better than an HK, but the HK is a better built gun IMO.
  16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member

She HAD a P7.........for a little while..... :whistling:
  17. *deleted- phone took it upon itself to post.*
    #77 ScumPunisher, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  18. jay-bird

jay-bird goin' broke

I'd rather see a new, sweet HK forum.
    #78 jay-bird, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  19. BuckyP