close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by xmanhockey7, Nov 21, 2011.

1. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Not sure if I should sell my SA XDm 3.8 compact 40 for a Glock 27 Gen 4 or keep it. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I do find the XDm to be small enough to conceal I'm just thinking I may want to stick with a .40 Glock cuz I already have and carry a Glock 22.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. mdlott

mdlott

Jul 23, 2010
    I own a G27 (on my hip now), and have shot the XD 3.8. I really like the trigger, the grip safety, and the extended mag of the Springfield. I think you should rent or borrow a G27 and shoot the piss out of it. I'm kind of torn on this one as I am a fan of Glock.

3. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Yeah I've already shot the 27. I'm really torn on this as well and I am a Glock fan. I mainly like the fact if I take my Glock 22 and 27 with me my spare mags can be used for both guns. But I love the xdm with exception to the grip safety. Really not a fan of that!

4. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

Nov 15, 2011
    I owned an XD a couple years ago....i just don't like that grip safety at all.....

if it were me, id go with the 27

5. X-Concealment

X-Concealment NRA Cert.FI/RSO

Apr 7, 2011
    Gunshine State
    G27. It's slightly thinner than XD(added concealability), and point better (for me).

6. ThinkMud

ThinkMud

Jul 26, 2010
    Northern VA
    i say go with the gen 4 27. i love mine. 27 and a larger 22(or 23) is a great combo to have! same spare mags for each. no need to remember which gun you are carrying, especially during a jam or something that requires a fast break down to clear etc... muscle memory on the pointing angle of the glocks are the same. same trigger pull and reset to learn. i could go on and on haha

7. Edmo01

Edmo01

Feb 19, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    Keep the Springfield and get the Glock 27 as a companion for it.

Edmo

8. ThinkMud

ThinkMud

Jul 26, 2010
    Northern VA
    what he said if you can swing it! The more the better! I hate selling guns to fund other ones, but if I had to have only one (xdm or g27) then it's not a contest, 27 to go with the 22 all day long!

9. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    As my father used to say, guns don't eat. You may want it some day for something. Just go get yourself a new gun. Life is short, and you deserve it.