close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What would you change with your kit?

Discussion in 'US Military Services' started by durabo, Jun 27, 2010.

1. durabo

durabo

Feb 16, 2010
    Cleveland, oh
    Hey guys...

Im doing some research on some things for a major military website.

Im looking for ideas/issues/upgrades to the standard load out.

Doesnt matter what branch you are with, veteran or present.

Im looking for things you like about your weapon gear, kit, or load outs. Or things you dont like and are looking for a solution!

Not different caliber bullets... but say your weapon is hanging up on your kit because of some huge piece of equipment hanging off and you'd like a more low profile solution. Or anything like that.

Not really looking at the weapons themselves, but if its an upgraded piece or accessory thats more in in line.

i.e. PMAGs, special stocks, grips, whatever.

Im trying to get some more focus on innovative new ideas that can be adapted from the civilian market into the military troops on the ground.

There are alot of ideas out there and I think there are many things that the our troops could benefit from.

I appreciate any and all ideas!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. most of these are very personal decisions based on missions. if you look at the gear in any real combat unit, it will vary greatly.

my biggest complaint for everything was the bulk and weight. i prefer lower profile single magpouches stretched across my chest rather than a couple double or triple mag pouches.

i also think that a better pistol grip on the rifles would aid in proper trigger control and better accuracy. my hands arent huge but the a2 grip seems rediculous to me and to get a proper trigger squeeze, i didnt always have a good grip on the pistol grip and relied on the forearm grip more.

hooligan74 likes this.

3. durabo

durabo

Feb 16, 2010
    Cleveland, oh

Thats exactly the type of stuff im looking for.

Any other styles/brands you prefer?

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

4. pisc1024

pisc1024 AASG

Oct 9, 2005
    Plate hangers are awesome, I felt bad for all the dudes I would see walking around with those crappy iOTV. Those things suck!

5. SIGguy229

SIGguy229

May 11, 2014
    I'm currently in AFG. My IOTV is sitting under my bunk. Here is my current load out

TAG plate carrier w/large plates. I took ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1462008793.057032.jpg the side plates and carrier and attached to the MOLLE on the cumberbund with the plate/carrier on the inside and secured with zip ties

4x HSGI M4 single mag carriers (Front)
    1x HSGI mag carrier (Front) for my multi tool
    1x admin pouch (holds ID, headlamp, post-its, pens, CR123 (for PEQ-15, flashlight) and AAA and AA batteries (for headlamp, GPS)
    1x stream light mounted in MOLLE (red, blue, white, IR)
    1x tourniquet (attached to admin pouch, secured with rubber bands)
    1x Benchmade strap cutter
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1462008822.890330.jpg

2x HSGI pistol mag pouches (for M9 mags) (left side)
    5.11 medium dump pouch (left side)

1x HSGI Slim IFAK pouch (right side)
    W/tourniquet attached by rubber bands, roll of bandage tape
    1x Strider DB-L knife (right side, attached with 550 cord)
    1x pair of trauma shears on a retractable lanyard
    1x pair of bandage scissors
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1462008916.482533.jpg

4x PMAGs on vest
    1x PMAG on belt (HSGI belt pouch)
    1x PMAG attached to ruck
    1x pair of Surefire earplugs

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016