What Would You Accept As Proof Of God's Existence?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by JBnTX, Dec 27, 2012.

1. :rofl::rofl:

What a nice way to try to shove the young earth fiction into the scientific data that already shows how old the planet really is.

So how deep do you have to go in your earth to go from the 'surface' to the rest of the earth? 10ft, 100ft, 1mile, etc?? How old then is the earth that is underneath the surface? If only the surface is that young, do you have a single shred of evidence to back up that claim?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

This is JB, making it up as he goes along ....

3. I'd tell him I have a few questions to ask but I don't want him to answer. I want the answers to come from a 5 inch high talking unicorn that he is going to make appear in the palm of my hand.

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

The flood of Noah washed the surface of the Earth clean about 6,000 to 10,000 years ago. Then life started over.

5. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Scientific evidence.

You can google "scientific method" if you don't know what that is. But the "faith" stuff just doesn't cut it.

I continue to be amazed that people believe in the fairy tales of the different religions. Each religion has its own stories. Oh, yours is correct and the other ones are all wrong. Why do you believe that? Because of your parents/society. They told you that, and you believed it.

Suckers....sorry, but it is true.

#45 Louisville Glocker, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  6. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

The Abrahamic religions are just variations of a central theme that focus's on one supreme God that created everything. They're not that different, just different interpretations.

7. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

So why not just be a Muslim or a Jew or even a Mormon if they're all the same? Do all of those believers get to go to the same heaven that you do?

8. Yes because we all know it was prefect logical to house a pair of every animal on Earth and have enough food to feed them for the months that they were just floating around.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

"Clean", it seems, means "right down to the bedrock". No life. No animals. No plants.

Funny thing, though:

10 And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
    11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

So, JB, if you're not just making this up, where did the dove find the olive leaf?

10. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

[​IMG]

11. So the flood waters killed all of the fish and water faring plants as well?

Lets just say for the hell of it that you actually are right(which you aren't)..... That still doesn't make the earth 10000 years old.

12. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Clean = Free from sin.

13. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

It just boggles the mind what you think passes for a sufficient response sometimes.

14. Sometimes it's hard to be a believer when you see all the evil, pain and misery in todays world, but, all one has to do is look around and see the perfect beauty of the world around us and the order of the universe as we know it, in spite of what men do to each other especially in the name of God. No one with a brain can deny a divine hand in every thing you see. I believe God is far more complex than we mere mortals have tried to make the concept and that's why we must have faith. Some of us have more than others and some have none at all. It's easy to see what the Godless are trying to do to this country and the world.

15. Actually you are exactly wrong. We are at a point in our development where we know a great deal about our world, our universe, our origins and that of the universe. And the only thing we keep finding over and over again is that all of it happened completely naturally and without a divine hand. The more we learn the more we know that our existence simply didn't require a God. He just isn't necessary.

Free it from religious slavery.

16. So cleaning it of sin starts the time table over again on a planet?

My house was built in 1999. If I took a hose out and washed all of the sin off of it, would that mean my house is now brand new? Do you think I could get a realtor to fall for that if I tried it?

#56 Altaris, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  17. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

The above posts are a fascinating example of delusional thinking. We can all be very happy that JB wasn’t raised in a religion that encourages suicide bombers.

18. 1. God could explain how all the things in the Bible that can't possibly be true are true.

2. God could post the location of the Garden of Eden, complete with flaming sword, on the Internet.

3. He could apologize to everyone on Earth for taking revenge on all of us for the sins of Adam and Eve. After all, it's been thousands of years and we didn't do it.

4. He could stop punishing us for the sins of Adam And Eve.

5. He could give me a talking snake that wasn't dangerous.

#58 muscogee, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  19. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

I'd opt for the talking donkey. Can you imagine the fun you'd have at parties with your own personal Mr Ed?

20. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

Excellent observation. The only real difference between JBnTX and an Islamic extremist is the happenstance of the location of his birth. He seems willing to believe just about any absurdity.