close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What will a new AWB do to the shooting sports?

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by cagnoli, Jan 24, 2013.

1. cagnoli

cagnoli
    Expand Collapse
    Patriot First

I'm an active 3Gun and IDPA shooter, and based on where things are headed. I'm going to have a real tough time staying in Ammo to continue.

Reloading is an option, but it's quite the time suck for me right now. I'm curious if we'll start to see stages of fire with lower round counts?

I've obviously stored enough ammunition for self defense and some sport shooting, but I guess I'm guilty of falling into the sense of security that I can just buy more when I need it.

A new Tax on ammunition would likely have a serious impact on the shooting sports of all types.

Thoughts?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

I have no idea what a new ban would do. Have no idea what the parameters would be. I can tell you what the lase one did. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

3. garander

garander
    Expand Collapse

Being a highpower shooter, and after checking frankenfeinsteins
    List of weapons she wants banned, I found it interesting that the springfield m1a was NOT on the list.

#3 garander, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. Suby

Suby
    Expand Collapse

Don't get caught up with lists read the rules of what an assault weapon is. In NY we now have a list of banned guns but not all guns are on the list and that doesn't mean our un listed guns are safe.

5. WinterWizard

WinterWizard
    Expand Collapse

Yep.

List doesn't mean anything. Any mag over ten rounds would be a no go and any rifle that displays one criteria of an "assault" rifle. List means nothing and including it only confuses the matter. But, no one ever accused politicians of being intelligent or concise. They tend to create more problems than they solve, hence justifying their jobs.

#5 WinterWizard, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  6. HexHead

HexHead
    Expand Collapse

Bayonet lugs and flash hiders are no longer "evil features". That's why the M1A/M14 isn't on the list this time. It only has the detachable magazine.

Now, it you have one with the stock that has the notch for the non-existant selector switch, all bets are off.

7. FireForged

FireForged
    Expand Collapse
    Millenium #3936
    Millennium Member

They are not even going to vote on this garbage legislation. Nothing wrong with paying attention and keep our eyes open but this thing is going no where.

They will not vote on it because there isnt anyone willing to be associatied with it, outside of boxer, feinstein, schumer, biden and obama.

no awb and no mag restrictions (federal level)