close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What trigger do I have in my Glock?

Discussion in 'Valuable Info' started by Butch, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Burleigh

Burleigh
    Expand Collapse

Very interesting thread. Thanks to all who posted here.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. j19

j19
    Expand Collapse
    I am a ******.

My mind reportedly has room for lots of new information. I beg to differ. I am a newbie shooter and Glock owner. Retired from the medical side of the Navy and even spent time with the marines. My M16 and 1911 were required field gear way back when but most of the time was spent making Marines well, not shooting. Now retired I learn more and more every day about my Glock. Great thread here for newbies with time.

3. j19

j19
    Expand Collapse
    I am a ******.

My mind reportedly has room for lots of new information. I beg to differ. I am a newbie shooter and Glock owner. Retired from the medical side of the Navy and even spent time with the marines. My M16 and 1911 were required field gear way back when but most of the time was spent making Marines well, not shooting. Now retired I learn more and more every day about my Glock. Great thread here for newbies with time.

:wow:

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse
    RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

In case no one has said it yet, Welcome to GlockTalk!

And....there are nine articles on my blog that I think all Glock newbs should read.

:)

5. kashdaddy

kashdaddy
    Expand Collapse
    Glockaholic

Easy, the factory spring has a more shiney metal surface like galvanize and the aftermarket heavy trigger spring has a more dark brown metal surface.

6. tnd2

tnd2
    Expand Collapse

How do you guesstimate what your trigger pull weight will be(if you don't have a scale or a bunch of parts to try)?
    The connector has a weight rating, and the spring has a weight rating, what happens when you mix and match pieces?
    Stock G21 Gen3 5# connector w/spring
    NY1 trigger spring is supposed to be 8#, NY2 12#
    If I was to stay with the stock connector but go to the NY1 setup would I have roughly a 8# trigger pull, then switching to a 3.5# connector would reduce the pull by approximately 1.5# creating a 6.5# setup?

7. auto-5

auto-5
    Expand Collapse

7lb from what I read.

8. wydglide

wydglide
    Expand Collapse
    Freemason Glock

Can anybody explain what the Pros & Cons of the NY trigger spring? Ive tried to find why it was even made with no clear answers.

side note: these threads on the history of Glock is just outstanding, Ive been through a few now and I'm just blowed away at the useful info....Great job guys!

9. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse
    RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

When the New York State Police was looking at switching to Glocks they wanted the trigger pull to be heavier and more like the DA revolver trigger pull they were used to, and Glock made the original NY spring to give them what they wanted.

The Pro to the use of a NY spring is that it makes the entire trigger pull heavier and thus harder to fire unintentionally.

The Con to the use of a NY spring is that it makes the entire trigger pull heavier and thus harder to use well.

It also increases pressure on the trigger bar/connector interface which appears to increase the possibility of having the two parts gall together and when that happens the gun can be near impossible to fire.

Some folks like to say it makes the trigger reset 'more positive' but in reality it only makes it harder/heavier, which makes it harder to use well.

No, I'm not a fan of the NY springs and I do my best to not let my friends use them. Friends don't let friends use NY springs! :)

10. wydglide

wydglide
    Expand Collapse
    Freemason Glock

Great reply butch.....that is pretty much what I was thinking "something that can mess up" on a very simple system that just flat works Great as is!

Thanks
    Glide

11. phoenixg23

phoenixg23
    Expand Collapse

I respect this is an old Thread but, I am so thankful for it remaining accessable and live. I decided to detail clean and also polish the trigger assembly (.25 trigger job) on my Bride's G19 Gen 2. Took it apart and was lost, looked very different from my G23 Gen 3. Glad I did tear the gun down, there was a large plug of lint within the part the trigger spring sits. No wonder the trigger was so difficult to pull.

Thanks again

12. Farnarkle

Farnarkle
    Expand Collapse

Great post. Interesting.
    Thanks for the info.