close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What to do about Sandy?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by muscogee, Oct 30, 2012.

1. What does the country do about Sandy?

1. Raise taxes and help those affected rebuild.

2. Raise the debt and help those affected rebuild.

3. Tell them they're on their own. They should have known better than to live there.

Chris Christie is a fiscal conservative when someone elses ox is getting gored. Will he stay true to for or turn hypocrite?

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    In case you hadn't noticed the debt is being raised just fine without storms.

And don't people have insurance??? I do. I'll be paying for this storm through higher rates, just like all storms.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  3. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    10A applies. State issue, not federal.

Don't subsidize insurance.

4. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    It will give Romney an excellent chance to start his Presidency by clearing the way for business to start up repairing the damage for those with insurance and for the damage not covered, the higher employment from the jobs created will reduce the need for unemployment and other benefits so it will offset what the Government has to spend.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  5. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    I assume you are joking, but someone in another thread said that "God is with US", because he thought the storm would be good for Romney.

6. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    Broken window fallacy.

Natural disasters create jobs, and war create jobs, so why not bomb our own cities? We'll all be rich!!!

7. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I am living proof, of sorts, that it it isn't a fallacy. Research "The Columbus Day Storm" . My Father and several of his friend drastically increased their buying power by working second jobs in the wake. allowed him to buy property and a new second car for Mom. I did rather well myself, years later under similar conditions.

Don't get me started about bombing some of our own cities, I could put together a list.

And , to save the post I was going to make,

As an atheist myself I am getting rather tired of others throwing a fit everytime someone else mentions "God". If you are secure in your beliefs then it shouldn't bother you. Militiant atheists make me want to go and tithe to a church.

I don't get bent or offended by people mentioning their faith or "God". Get over yourself.

8. You think Moderate Mitt will say that or will he shake his Etch-A-Sketch and start singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town? If he tells people they're on their own, it may cost him the election. He can throw the Tea Party overboard or throw the election overboard.

This may cost Mitt the election anyway. The people in NC, VA, PA, OH, MI, and NH may be rethinking their positions on the big bad government.

Do you think Christie will take federal money or not? If he takes it he loses credibility with the Tea Party. If he doesn't he loses his political career.

BTW, insurance is the free market's response to the obvious unworkability of the free market. Everyone's insurance will go up to pay for the damage from Sandy. Free market communism.

9. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    What did we do about Galveston when it was hit by a hurricane in 1900? There was no FEMA.

10. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    Oh yeah!

like Sodom and Gomorrah. Here comes some Googling of that... LOL

Just kidding, ok?

11. I agree, but it would be political suicide to ignore Sandy today. There's a perfect world and there's the real world.

12. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/30/cnns-gut-check-for-october-30-2012/?hpt=hp_bn3
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In3sApWlY1s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In3sApWlY1s[/ame]

13. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Just exactly what fairy dust do you think a POTUS has that can help/change/improve a situation like that WITHOUT involving private enterprise? Do you think there is an army of government carpenters, electricians etc? There will be private enterprise jobs all over, yes partially paid with insurance and probably a lot with Govt (OUR) money. There will be plenty of opportunity for startup business, As you know, "mean old capitalism" has a habit of seeing a situation and a need and fills in for a nasty profit.

Helping not only the direct victims but helping those involved in the rebuilding, would be a good way to stimulate private enterprise.

Those who can SUCCESSFULLY operate a business may do well and increase employment and tax revenues in the long run.

14. So do we raise taxes or raise the deficit?

15. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

4. Send you the bill.

16. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Christie was on Fox about 5 minutes ago praising the federal government and the way the admin has provided help to his state.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

17. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    And you would expect a Governor to do something else for the people that elected him?:dunno: