Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What This Forum Is Here For - Read This If You Post Here

39K views 58 replies 29 participants last post by  GLK8876919 
#1 ·
Folks, I did not create this forum to give people a place to ***** about cops, or to question the morality or legality of their practices. You might have a burning need to do so, but this is not the place for it.

I created this forum as a place for cops to talk shop and for non-cops to be able to interact with cops and hopefully create some common ground. If you do not like cops, or you are pissed because you got a ticket, or you want to know how to beat the ticket, or you don't like no-knock warrants or DUI checkpoints, do not post about it here. Period. I am sick to death of all of the bickering and all of the problems a few knuckleheads here (On both sides of the fence) keep causing. I want the problems to stop.

If you want to discuss legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies, do it in GT's Civil Liberties forum. That is what it was created for. From now on, any such discussion here will be closed or moved to that forum. There are a handful of people here who are obsessed with the topic and they are screwing things up here for everyone else.

Once again and for the record, I and my site are big fans of LEO's and we support them. You do not have to like them yourself, but you do have to treat them respectfully if you want to post on my site. On the other hand, the problems here are not one-sided. I expect EVERYONE to comport themselves in a considerate, respectful manner, if they wish to continue participating here. There is no excuse for bad behavior and many of you are in a job that has certainly taught you better.

This forum has been one of the most problematic on GT, but I still feel it can be an asset if the people that use it will help it live up to its potential. Eric

See less See more
#4 ·
+10 to the 50th power

thank you !!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reactions: Paul53
#6 ·
I agree with your intent Eric, but why are threads SUPPORTING POLICE OFFICERS being moved into obscurity? Specifically, those threads supporting the two Border Patrol officers wrongfully prosecuted for merely doing their jobs?

#7 ·
Originally posted by MTPD
I agree with your intent Eric, but why are threads SUPPORTING POLICE OFFICERS being moved into obscurity? Specifically, those threads supporting the two Border Patrol officers wrongfully prosecuted for merely doing their jobs?
I'm not Eric, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

Those threads are/were moved because of the tactics used, by both sides of the "arguments" in the threads, to convey their message.

Additionally, there are about five different mods in CT. Eric is only one. He relies on the others judgement to take something that is heading out of line and send it where it can continue its course. CT is a place for LEO's to hang out and talk shop and answer questions asked by other non LEO's. It's not a place to have a tantrum over a ticket or argue no-knocks, heated court decisions and even the BP thread. He and his mods are just trying to keep the bickering out, and I for one appreciate it after hanging out there for a few years with over 3000 posts there.

Take this FWIW, from JAFO. ;)

#12 ·
:laughabove: :animlol: :rofl: :hugs:

#14 ·
#19 ·

#21 ·
First I'd just like to apologize for offending (made a thread that got locked). However I think the banning of the discussion of "legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies" neuters the "Cop Talk" forum, thus ignoring a very important part of police work. Those legal/ethical issues are what the legal system is all about.

Nonetheless, I agree that all discussions should remain civil and intelligent. I can only wonder if an officer posted what I did, would his thread be locked...

#22 ·
Originally posted by Stone
First I'd just like to apologize for offending (made a thread that got locked). However I think the banning of the discussion of "legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies" neuters the "Cop Talk" forum, thus ignoring a very important part of police work. Those legal/ethical issues are what the legal system is all about.

Nonetheless, I agree that all discussions should remain civil and intelligent. I can only wonder if an officer posted what I did, would his thread be locked...
First, you bet your ass it would.

Second, legal/ethical issues are intended to be discussed in the Civil Liberties Forum, per Eric, the site owner. It's not up for debate. He runs his site the way he wants to. You are welcome to participate, but please mind his wishes.

:thumbsup:

#23 ·
Originally posted by Stone

The major problem is many times when people come here to "Debate" the issues, they do so not with logic or reason; but with keyboard commando/armchair lawyer statements that are so beyond the truth it's unreal. Then when they are at the point they can't say argue anymore, instead of saying "oh, crap, guess I was wrong" then they get pissed off and start hurling insults left and right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.