close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What They're Not Telling You About That Ice Bound Ship

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by happyguy, Dec 30, 2013.

1. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...nt_telling_you_about_that_ice-bound_ship.html

Video below is of Mawson landing in 1912 in ice free Commonwealth Bay - the same area the current "global warming" expedition sits helplessly trapped in ice. :rofl:

[ame]http://youtu.be/k-9yJ6-6aEs[/ame]

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  2. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    This is also the starting of summer in Antarctica.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

3. hunter 111

hunter 111

Jan 29, 2012
    TRAVEL -
  4. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 (Not so)Fett Svensk

Jan 20, 2002
    Inland Northwest
    Agreed. The disagreement part comes in when we focus on the cause of, and solutions to, said climate change.

5. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009

So is anyone who thinks we control it or can do anything about it.

6. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

Feb 27, 2007
    ...in the neighborhood.
    The Earth has been hotter than it is now many times, BEFORE there were combustion engines and fossil fuels...

7. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    The question is not if climate change is occurring, but what is the cause of that climate change.

There is absolutely NO evidence to indicate that it's being caused by man. We just simply don't have the long term data or the technology to make that determination.

If climate change is occurring, it's probably a natural event and man didn't do anything to cause it, and can't do anything to stop it.

8. aplcr0331

Jan 20, 2002
    Inland Northwest
    Especially when "doing" something about it means screaming "Republicans hate science" or staring menacingly at someone driving a deisel truck.

9. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Nature and the natural world are in a constant state of change. The "balance of nature" is a modern myth.

There are however, many rhythms in nature. Some occur over relatively short spans of time and are easy to see. Others occur over much longer periods of time.

Many ancient religions were aware of this. I'm not quite sure why modern science has such a hard time with this concept.

Regards,

10. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    Modern scientists are aware they are smart enough to grab grant money when they can produce results that are wanted by the party in power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

[ame]http://youtu.be/tKT-eWMWXOE[/ame]

Regards,

12. aplcr0331

Jan 20, 2002
    Inland Northwest
    "Truth doesn't come from God or physics, it comes from the potential of grant money"

13. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Heart of Dixie
    Finally!! Someone else who understands the REAL motivation behind today's "science."

Kudos to Mayhem, aplcr, and Happy.

14. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    The point is, humans are not helping any by dumping tons of carbon into the atmosphere.

Yes, the climate has cooled and heated. Latest theory is that an asteroid took out the dinos by throwing zillions of tons of dust into the atmosphere and blocking the sun. Heating has occurred by volcanic eruptions tossing zillions od tons of carbon into the atmosphere.

We can at least lessen the effects we have on the planet. Why, as a species, we won't do that just proves Darwin was right. Pity we are also taking out most of the higher life forms with us.

15. hunter 111

hunter 111

Jan 29, 2012
    TRAVEL -
    Glad there are those that understand this

16. Cybercowboy

Cybercowboy Support the 2nd

Dec 15, 2012
    SW Missouri
    Climate science is political science by another name. :yawn:

17. Cybercowboy

Cybercowboy Support the 2nd

Dec 15, 2012
    SW Missouri
    CO2 does not have the affect on the atmosphere that the various climate models, those infamous "peer-reviewed" models, predicted. The models are wrong, the peer-reviewed science is wrong. Their latest push-back is that all this hidden heat is in the deep ocean (where we can't measure it) or in areas that conveniently don't have monitoring. The models are wrong, CO2 is a very weak climate driver and is swamped by the negative feedback mechanisms such as water vapor in the form of clouds mainly. Then we have the various ocean cycles that are barely understood. Then we have the fact that CO2 is 400 PPM, a trace gas, and if it was doubled would be - that's right - a trace gas.

I sussed out the scam over 25 years ago. It's all crap, the sun is the main driver of our climate over centuries, and decade or century long variations are mere pimples on our planet's climate. The last time the sun entered a phase that very much appears it is doing now, we had the Little Ice Age (Maunder Minimum) in the late 1600's. Cold sucks, warmer is better. Warm periods on Earth are the exception, not the rule.

18. AirCav

AirCav Out Front! CLM

Aug 12, 2000
    Tennessee
    "Paging allanc and/or RimfireMan!"

"allanc or RimfireMan, please report to the Corral!" :whistling:

19. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    If they could be aware of axial precession, which takes 26,000 years, we can certainly be able to understand things.