close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What the heck is WEB 2.0?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Glock Swabbie, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Glock Swabbie

Glock Swabbie Gun Tradin' Foo

Aug 8, 2006
    Augusta, GA
    I have been asked to define this for a class..... I cannot find a straight answer....

Any insight from the Tech Talk crowd?

Many thanks!
    GS:dunno:

2. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    michigan
    that's because it's a made up term. just like the word 'cyber'.

google it, wikipedia actually has a decent overview of what the term theoretically means. but, since it's not a part of any recognized standard (like say, IETF), you could basically make up anything yourself and call it web 2.0 and be correct.

3. area727

area727 G23

Oct 7, 2009
    I would agree, there is no definite answer. However, like kc8ykd mentioned, wikipedia (the all trusted site :supergrin:) does have a fairly good description, as I understand it, and is pretty inline with what I hear around work (I'm in the IT field).

From Wikipedia...

4. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Jan 7, 2001
    Plano, Texas, Republic of
    Do you think they got a box of Cracker Jack for shoe-horning dang near every meaningless pseudo-term extant into that paragraph?

:supergrin:

5. ChristopherBurg

ChristopherBurg

Dec 18, 2009
    Minnesota
    Web 2.0 is a buzzword created by marketing people to add another check box to their product. For instance:

"Our new Ultimate Super Web Deluxe Tool utilized a Web 2.0 interface powered by a MySQL back end with XML and JSON for open date exchange. This combined with out proprietary BUZZ technology allows our customers to bring the power of the cloud to their homes or offices."

The term honestly exists for no other reason.

6. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Feb 20, 2010
    Central Florida
    Its twice as cool as Web 1.0 lol :rofl:

Here is a better one... "Lite now with 20% fewer letters"