close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What Subaru did I see???

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by emt1581, Jun 9, 2005.

1. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

While at Wally World picking up a box of ammo, I notice the blue car next to me. Rather sporty looking. It had dodge stealth type windows. You know what I mean? The kind that cut off half way up the window and then the glass continues to the frame.

Anyways, while leaving the space I noticed it said Subaru on the trunk and the model was SWX or SRX or something like that that definitly ended in X. One thing though it definitly was NOT a WRX. Looked nothing like it.

I know some people pimp out their cars with aftermarket stuff. This was not an aftermarket pieced car. It's shape was much curvier and lower to the ground than a WRX's boxy shape.

I tried searching on Subaru's site and they list nothing along the lines of what I saw.

Did I see something that was made waaayyy before the WRX or was I just delusional???

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Rob1035

Rob1035
    Expand Collapse
    Skeet Surfer

probably an SVX
    [​IMG]

Came to the US from 92-97, 3.3 liter flat 6, hampered by a slushbox

more info at www.subarusvx.com

3. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

Yup that's it!!! Thanks!!!:)

I remembered it with the front being a bit more curvy, but that's definitly what I saw.

Thanks again, I was beginning to think I was seeing things.

-Emt1581

4. Rob1035

Rob1035
    Expand Collapse
    Skeet Surfer

its pretty nifty looking, but the tranny and weight killed it as a performance car. Plus i dunno how drive through friendly those windows are (crucial for me):cool:

5. epsylum

epsylum
    Expand Collapse
    Boolit Hoze

My brother was thinking about buying one of those. That is until he found a deal on a ultra clean 87 Corolla GTS (yup, a real deal Hachi-roku). He still gets pissed when he thinks about his ex totaling that GTS.

6. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

Ah, the old SVX. Supposedly with that weird window setup, you can ride in the rain with the window down and won't get wet.

7. Rob1035

Rob1035
    Expand Collapse
    Skeet Surfer

I've always wondered where in the hell that came from. Its not like subaru has every really been in the sports coupe business, but I guess the Impreza 2.5RS (here in the US) and the other older hot Sti models (non-US) sort of show that sort of thinking.