close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What sights do you run for your EDC Glock?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by RTF_Squared, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Buckeye 7x57

Buckeye 7x57

Dec 9, 2009
    Central Ohio
    My 2 EDC pistols are a G30SF with Trijicon 3 dot green night sights and a Gen 4 FDE G27 with XS Big Dot sights. The G30SF had the Trijicon sights on it when I acquired it, or it too would have Big Dots. I hate to waste a relatively new set of night sights.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. I have Trijicons on my Glock 30 and Glock factory night sights on my Glock 17. I believe the factory sights are Meprolight. Personally, the Glock sights are brighter. Both sets of sights are less than two years old.

3. all of my Glocks have Big Dot 24/7, they are fast in all light conditions. I can hit just as good at distances as other sights. these sights assure fast front sight focus because you are not having to tuck a front sight into a cup or take any attention off the front sight to the rear.

4. sasqwatch2

sasqwatch2

Aug 9, 2013
    Illinois
  5. jb1911

jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
    Ameriglo Pro Operators....green front/yellow rear...on a G26.

[​IMG]

6. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
  7. GP-Pirate

GP-Pirate Senior Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Tallahassee FL
    TruGlo TFO on my 19 and Trijicon HD on my 26. Happy with both.

8. clarson_75

clarson_75

Mar 25, 2010
    I've looked at XS big dots many times for my carry gun, but have yet to pick up a set. Something I have been interested in trying lately is a super low profile big dot front sight and no rear sight at all.

9. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    For my EDC 3rd Gen G26 I installed:

Glock Steel Rear Sight With White Plastic Insert:

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=925734&CAT=742

This sight overhangs just short of flush with the back of the slide, and is not the OEM "pyramid" style sight.

And...

AmeriGlo GW116 Steel White Dot Front Sight:

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/painted-dot-sights/front-sights

This is an actual sight "blade" and not the OEM "nub" style sight.

Installation was a snap using the tips available here and on YouTube...

A little care must be taken to get the front sight blade precisely at 12:00 & 6:00 o'clock. I did this by gripping the front sight blade with a small crescent wrench wrapped with tape, while carefully tightening the nut 1/2 turn past finger tight... Just make sure your final adjustment is a "tightening adjustment"...

I used Loctite, of course! ;)

Several thousand rounds and multiple holsterings and reholsterings later, everything has stayed put! :thumbsup:

Our other 3rd Gen Glocks are equipped as follows:

G17: Dawson Precision FO Front, Matte-Black Adj Rear **

G19: Trijicon Stadard 3-Dot With Sight Markers All Around *

G21: Glock OEM Night Sights *

--Ray

* Also fitted with LaserMax Guide Rod Lasers.

** Also equipped with LaserMax LMS-UNI-G green rail-mounted laser.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  10. movinup

movinup

Aug 17, 2013
    +1
    I also am cross eye dominant, and experienced the exact challenge you have. I think it's the combination of Speed Sight's big orange front sight (WAY easier to pickup than anything I've ever used) and the precision of the "diamond" pattern.
    Not everyone loves them as much as I do, maybe it's the cross eye dominance thing.

Attached Files:

• SS1.JPG
      SS1.JPG
      File size:
      22.7 KB
      Views:
    • ss2.JPG
      ss2.JPG
      File size:
      20.6 KB
      Views:
  11. meprolite green three dot on my 27. Ameriglo Idot Pro green front/yellow rear on my 19. Glock steel rear and a meprolite green tritium front on my 23, trijicon three dot on the 36 I got rid of, and trijicon green front yellor rear on my 30. My next sights will be black rear green tritium front warren tacticals. Be safe.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  12. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
  13. Bring_it!

Bring_it!

Apr 9, 2012
    Same on my g21 & g30sf.

14. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

Warren Tacticals, bright green front sight with subdued rear. These have given far and away my best shooting performance with a handgun. They're fast and give me a fantastic sight picture. I am going to put them on all of my social pistols.

15. oxmav3rickxo

oxmav3rickxo R0Ck Da GL0Ck

Aug 19, 2013
    New York City
  16. RTF_Squared

RTF_Squared

Aug 23, 2013
    Colorado
    I really like the style of those. It really sucks that one can't just try a set of sights by renting them at the range like one can a handgun. This is making my decision making process a bit more difficult than usual.

17. movinup

movinup

Aug 17, 2013
    If it helps, my truglo tfo's aren't much different than your meprolights, and after using the speed sights on my G26 I'm spending ANOTHER $170 bucks to put speed sights on my G29 and dump a 2-yr old set of $100 TFO's.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy