What sights do you run for your EDC Glock?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by RTF_Squared, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I'm finding myself in the market for some new sights. I am currently running these Meprolight models:

http://www.glockmeister.com/Meprolight-Fixed-Night-Sights-65mm-GREEN_YELLOW/productinfo/ML-10224Y/

I'm having a couple of issure with them. Number one being me, I'm cross-dominant, meaning right handed and left eye dominant. Although it is something I have adapted to fairly well three dot sights seem to be harder to index and often I'm putting the center dot to the right of the rear sight. Although I can't provide documentation, I feel I shot faster/better with the factory plastic than I do with the Meprolights.

The difference in color doesn't help at all, they are all white during the day and if the sun is behind me all I can see is glare coming off the glass vials, no white at all.

I've tried the XS Big Dots for a couple of mags through a Shield, and they seem like they could work well but will take some getting used to. Anybody have experience with similar eye dominance issues and a favorite set of sights to help with it?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    reinstalling glock factory polymer sights Sights, Optics and Lasers Today at 7:12 AM
    Do You Have Nights Sights On Your Glock? General Glocking Wednesday at 12:09 PM
    Wts warren tactical sights for Glock Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 20, 2015
    Xs big dot sightsGlock 10mm/45acp Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 17, 2015
    Will G42/G43 sights fit other Glock pistols? General Glocking Jul 16, 2015

3. Ameriglo Pro Glo front with Ameriglo Pro Operator rear.

4. I'm using the factory sights. If I am going to make any change at all, I'll black out the rear sight.

I did that with my 1911 at the suggestion of the gunsmith that Cerakoted it for me. I like it. In a close range, rapid fire situation, I don't expect to use the rear sight at all. No time for that.

5. K_Rasmussen

K_Rasmussen NRA Life Member

stock sights, mostly cause I've been lazy. I know there are better options, thanks for starting this thread.

#4 K_Rasmussen, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  6. Factory rear/front night sight.
    pat

7. Ameriglo's,they contain Trijicon capsules for much less than comparable Trijicons sell for and one can mix or match. Always my first choice for Night Sights. SJ 40

8. I carry a G-26 with factory night sights....

9. I just had factory night sights installed on my G19's

#8 loneeagle, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  10. I just had factory night sights installed on my G19's

11. SWThomas

SWThomas The Gunny

Trijicon 3 dot night sights.

12. I run TruGlo TFO sights.

13. I really wish they had the "U" style rear in something both made of metal and tritium. Why hasn't this been built yet? Glock build a great sight configuration, but I can't get past the plastic construction. I do like night sights quite a bit too.

14. .357sigger

.357sigger NRA Member

Ameriglo pro operators....green front/yellow rear...on a g27:wavey:

15. Factory night sights

16. Cracker7

Cracker7 Team Glock

17. Still using the factory stock sights on my Gen 2.

18. glockman99

Millennium Member

My carry gun, a gen. 3, Glock 23, sports an XS 24/7 Big Dot night sight on the front, and a 2-dot Aro-Tek Aro-Site on the rear...I like that set the best.

19. sulaco

sulaco 10mm Junky

I'm running stock sights right now but will probably put a set of adjustable Meps on when I get the money.

20. Meprolight Tru Dots