close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What sights do you run for your EDC Glock?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by RTF_Squared, Aug 27, 2013.

1. RTF_Squared

RTF_Squared

Aug 23, 2013
    Colorado
    Hey guys, I'm finding myself in the market for some new sights. I am currently running these Meprolight models:

http://www.glockmeister.com/Meprolight-Fixed-Night-Sights-65mm-GREEN_YELLOW/productinfo/ML-10224Y/

I'm having a couple of issure with them. Number one being me, I'm cross-dominant, meaning right handed and left eye dominant. Although it is something I have adapted to fairly well three dot sights seem to be harder to index and often I'm putting the center dot to the right of the rear sight. Although I can't provide documentation, I feel I shot faster/better with the factory plastic than I do with the Meprolights.

The difference in color doesn't help at all, they are all white during the day and if the sun is behind me all I can see is glare coming off the glass vials, no white at all.

I've tried the XS Big Dots for a couple of mags through a Shield, and they seem like they could work well but will take some getting used to. Anybody have experience with similar eye dominance issues and a favorite set of sights to help with it?

2. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    Ameriglo Pro Glo front with Ameriglo Pro Operator rear.

3. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

May 21, 2011
    North-Central Florida
    I'm using the factory sights. If I am going to make any change at all, I'll black out the rear sight.

I did that with my 1911 at the suggestion of the gunsmith that Cerakoted it for me. I like it. In a close range, rapid fire situation, I don't expect to use the rear sight at all. No time for that.

4. K_Rasmussen

K_Rasmussen NRA Life Member

stock sights, mostly cause I've been lazy. I know there are better options, thanks for starting this thread.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  5. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Ameriglo's,they contain Trijicon capsules for much less than comparable Trijicons sell for and one can mix or match. Always my first choice for Night Sights. SJ 40

6. mic214

mic214

Aug 7, 2002
    New Mexico
    I carry a G-26 with factory night sights....

7. loneeagle

loneeagle

Mar 25, 2006
    Florida
    I just had factory night sights installed on my G19's

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  8. loneeagle

loneeagle

Mar 25, 2006
    Florida
    I just had factory night sights installed on my G19's

9. RTF_Squared

RTF_Squared

Aug 23, 2013
    Colorado
    I really wish they had the "U" style rear in something both made of metal and tritium. Why hasn't this been built yet? Glock build a great sight configuration, but I can't get past the plastic construction. I do like night sights quite a bit too.

10. .357sigger

.357sigger NRA Member

May 23, 2009
    In the shadows
    Ameriglo pro operators....green front/yellow rear...on a g27:wavey:

11. Cracker7

Cracker7 Team Glock

Jul 9, 2011
    New York
  12. Bozz10mm

Bozz10mm

Jul 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    Still using the factory stock sights on my Gen 2.

13. glockman99

glockman99 Millennium Member

Jul 1, 1999
    Hoquiam, WA USA
    My carry gun, a gen. 3, Glock 23, sports an XS 24/7 Big Dot night sight on the front, and a 2-dot Aro-Tek Aro-Site on the rear...I like that set the best.

14. sulaco

sulaco 10mm Junky

Sep 13, 2011
    Lexington, SC
    I'm running stock sights right now but will probably put a set of adjustable Meps on when I get the money.