close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What should the GOP do after a Romney loss?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KalashniKEV, Oct 3, 2012.

1. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA
    :rofl:

Sad, but true.

2. This is what I think will happen:

1) Obama will get a second term. I don't think there will be any drastic changes. The economy will continue to improve slowly and the debt will continue to grow, possibly slower than it is at the moment.

2) Hillary Clinton will run for the Democratic nomination in 2016 with an endorsement from Obama (do you really think Bill Clinton is doing so much for the Obama campaign without a promise of something in return?)

3) The GOP will either:

a) Continue the path it has been on for the past 4 years and lose to Hillary or another Democrat in 2016.
    b) Get rid of the religious zealots who would rather see the entire country collapse than allow two gay people to get married. Pick a relatively moderate candidate with charisma, conservative fiscal beliefs, modern and progressive social beliefs and stand a decent chance of a GOP candidate in the white house in 2016 who can rein in some of the spending and start working on reducing the debt slowly.

Whoever wins in November, I think the country will be in a better overall position in 4 years than it is today. I cringe when I see "patriots" who despise Obama so much that they relish in every bit of bad news and negative forecasts about the USA - just so they can blame Obama. People (from both sides) need to get over their political affiliations and take a look at what really matters.

3. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Good insight. I agree.

The difference being I have a family to raise today and I can't do it from prison.

4. onebigelf

onebigelf

Aug 28, 2004
    Florida
    I repeat:
    ", get involved and encourage better candidate to run Republican,"

The party does not pick who runs or who wins. ANY candidate that registers as a Republican can run for the nomination. The registered Republicans vote for their choice.
    Except for the caucus states and some states that allow independents to declare at the polling place- which I hate.

John

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Bull. Do you really think for a moment that Romney wasn't the party leadership's choice? That McCain wasn't last go round?

The party recruits candidates at lower tier elections, chooses who gets the party support, culls the "talent" at the lower levels like state houses.

At higher elections it does the same, uses its influence and money to lend support and sway opinions.

6. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012

.5%

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Clearly you don't need the Libertarian support this election. Good luck :wavey:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

8. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    To answer your question properly requires one to accept your flawed premises. Sorry, but I'm not playing that game.

9. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    Withhold all party funding of their campaigns for re-election. Endorse and fund alternative GOP candidates (replacements) who aren't religious whackjobs and Akin-like morons.

10. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012
    Every post written on this forum by "holier than thou" Paulistinians is clearly stating that they will vote for Gary Johnson or will not vote at all because Romney is the same (or worse) than Obama.

So it's not that we don't need the libertarian vote; it's just we're not going to beg for it from a bunch of whiny arse brats who call us lemmings because they think they're better than anybody else.

Hope I made it clear enough for you.

:wedgie:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  11. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.

It's pretty clear that the GOP has every intention of alienating the Libertarians. Your attitude and posts are typical. I hope it serves you well.

12. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012
    :upeyes:

You are sorely mistaken if you're expecting us to bow down and beg for the Paulistinian vote after being called "lemmings", "neocons", "stupid" and other such names by you and your colleagues.

So just vote for Obama and get over with it, OK?

13. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.

I don't believe I asked anything from anyone.

What exactly are you ranting on about?

14. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    Actually, since romney has said he will sign an assault weapons ban, I would say that voting for romney is more like voting for obamba. I'll bet the NRA has given him an A or an A+.

15. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Not sure why you posted then, but thank you for at least addressing format!

Feel free to beg if you want. You can even show up and wash my car.

It's still not going to change the fact that the GOP ticket is WEAK.

16. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    I'm sorry but have you looked at the other side of the ball? :rofl:

Obama's never held a real job and Biden's a studdering idiot.

17. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    "Stuttering idiot". Your citation is in the mail. Don't skip court.

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    I plead watching the LSU FL game.

19. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    Might have to give you a breathalyzer. You could be looking at a charge of "posting under the influence".

20. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Meanwhile... somewhere in LA.

[​IMG]