close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What should the GOP do after a Romney loss?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KalashniKEV, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Typical libertarian guy:

[​IMG]

2. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Maybe if you, and a few million like-minded independents would PARTICIPATE in the Republican Party, we'd have some better choices than "turds".

The whole "vote independent" thing is little more than the electoral equivalent of taking your baseball and going home in the 5th inning because you don't like some of your team-mates.

You won't win any games that way and you lose all hope of changing the existing team for the better.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

3. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

On that same note, maybe if you, and a few million others, would quit voting for whatever turd the GOP throws up, we'd have some better choices than "turds".

That works both ways. The GOP knows they can count on your vote because Romney isn't Obama.

4. 427

Third parties don't win major elections. If they do win, they will caucus with one of the two parties, just like Congressman Leiberman and Sanders.

A third party President will caucus with one of the two in order to get stuff done. If a Libertiarian President gets elected he/she will more than likely side with the GOP. So, now what?

5. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

But the process of "throwing up" a candidate is purely internal to the GOP. If you and other independents don't participate, vote and make your voices known, you can't change things internally.

Sure, by taking your votes somewhere else, you might "teach the GOP a lesson" by blowing a general election for them, but that's kind of like "teaching your baseball team a lesson" by taking the ball, going home and blowing the big game.

Wouldn't it be better to work from within and try to sway the internal processes without blowing the World Series?

After all, democracy is, at its heart, a process of compromise and give-and-take. There will never be a "perfect" candidate that everyone agrees on, but fracture and factionism doesn't ever help the issue - it only assures that all factions involved lose the election.

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

My vote doesn't go to the Democratic party, not because its the democratic party, but because its candidates do not represent my interests. Why should the Republican party be any different?

7. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Then ask yourself this. Which party would I have the better chance at influencing? Which is closer, on a whole, to my views?

If the answer to that is the Democrats, then jump into the fray and start changing minds. If it's the Republicans, do the same with the GOP.

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

What I see is a party that is sliding further and further away from my views. Why is that?

9. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Lack of constructive, internal input and participation from people like you?

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

When they become large enough, all institutions/organizations become corrupt and self-serving of the interests of its leadership. Whether it be the Vatican, Congress, charity or a political party.

The Republican Party leadership doesn't care about you, your needs or the country for that matter. The Republican party leadership cares about the Republican party leadership.

Congress doesn't care about you or the country. Congress cares about congressmen. If you run for Congress with the intent of changing things, you will not get elected. The parties will see to it. If, by some stroke of luck, you strike upon the right combination of circumstances to become elected anyway, you will quickly get swallowed up by the party or be relegated to ineffective obscurity.

Things will not change until enough people finally decide to quit playing along. Voting for the lesser of two evils only perpetuates it.

11. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

No. Overwhelming influence from outside sources...just as with any party. HH

12. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

The GOP is not failing because of who is leaving, they're failing because of who is taking over. HH

13. frank4570

frank4570

I think the real answer is that most republicans don't share his views, so his views don't actually matter.

14. 427

You consider tax evaders patriots, but you admit that you are too cowardly to take a stand. You keep beating that drum though.

Things will not change until enough people finally decide to quit playing along. Paying taxes to fund a corrupt .gov only perpetuates it.

Same thing isn't it?

15. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

I hope this is a "reset",I want Jindal/West and a few others ta get more on the job training.We have some real strong conservatives waiting in the wings.'08.

16. frank4570

frank4570

And until that time, anybody who doesn't play along may end up in prison.

17. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

I don't share your complete pessimism on the GOP's motives and alleged utter lack of concern, and I don't see how handing elections to the Democrats party, which is AT LEAST as bad as an organization, is somehow the solution.

I'm out of step with many planks in the GOP platform myself, but I've managed to make some waves, at least on a local level, through participation and involvement.

That being said, I can understand your frustration and I guess we just have to agree to disagree on it.

:wavey:

18. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

the answer is that after a crushing Romney defeat, against the worst president in US history they need to scrap the entire thing and start going what the people want. Have a conservative party instead of the liberal republicans.

19. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

I want know how in the hell the Republican party convinced you (and the rest of the lemmings here) that they give even a rat's ass about personal freedoms and upholding the constitution.

20. frank4570

frank4570

Dude, how stupid are you??
    Instituting an assault weapons ban and imposing morality laws IS upholding the constitution. Because the constitution.....says...

Look, you vote for republicans or you're a COMMIE!