close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What should the GOP do after a Romney loss?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KalashniKEV, Oct 3, 2012.

1. hpracing007

hpracing007

You have to play towards the middle in order to win. I watched this game theory course and it explained it very well.

say you have this number line, 1 being very liberal, 10 being very conservative. And assume 1/10th the population is one of the numbers.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

If you have both sides play hard right and left, then you will have an even match. If you play hard right and they play moderate (5), they capture 1-5 as well as 6-7 because those numbers are closer to 5.

And again, that's assuming an even distribution, which it probably isn't. That's why everyone moves towards the middle.

If the Republicans lose... i dunno. I swear I'm not trying to be racist but they should find some half black/half Mexican guy. Or maybe just a Mexican guy. Or a women. But one who has the values of the party.
    The regular conservatives will vote for him because he/she is conservative.
    The black and mexican people will vote for him because he's their race. And this is past experience. 95% of black people are voting for Obama this election and probably the last. I wonder why?

Do you think they added Sarah Palin at the last moment, last time because of her brilliance and she was the very best to do the job?

I vote because of issues, but a lot of people don't. And to leave no one out, I guarantee there are at least a few white people who are voting for Romney because he's white. I think it's wrong but that's just the way it is. Either accept it like the democrats or lose again.

If you change too many values, even the social issues that I don't agree with, more of the conservative vote will vote libertarian while the rest vote republican, screwing that entire side over.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

I'm not sure I'm following the OP's reasoning. How will a purge of social conservatives help the GOP in the wake of a Romney loss? I don't think Romney is really the poster child of social conservatism.

If the argument is that "most" Americans lean left on social issues but lean right on fiscal issues, how does Romney not fit that bill? He's getting plenty of grief from the Right for being, among other things, too squishy on the social stuff.

3. xromad

xromad Fraud

They might be too busy running both houses of congress to do much else.

4. RenoF250

RenoF250

You can't purge the social conservatives to win. This isn't our team against their team and you get to pick the players. The Republican party is supposed to be socially and fiscally conservative. There is already a party for the socially liberal and fiscally conservative - Libertarian. I think most people are libertarian but they still identify as R because it is the bigger party.

The Rs are screwing themselves by make issues out of crap and letting the more important stuff go. Gay marriage for example. Simple solution - government gets out of the religious marriage business and creates civil union with all the benefits and protections currently offered by marriage. Marriage moved to the church.

The R party has some great members but they get no coverage. Tom McClintock from my district for example is awesome.

5. The Dying Gaul

The Dying Gaul

Joseph Stalin had some experience with political purges.

6. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

[​IMG]

I don't have a clue who will win this election and it's rather interesting to see those who apparently have a window to the future spout off their superior knowledge about events not yet having happened.

Weird.

7. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

They won't change anything nor learn a lesson from it. What happened to McCain is all repeat right now with Romney.

GOP needs to disbands the party into several parties.

8. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

I know... I'm really surprised that so many can't follow some simple format rules! :crying:

How do you think a moonbat or wingnut candidate would fare if the majority of the distribution fell in the middle and their respective messages only resonated with the lunatic fringe?

They have most of those- the problem is that those individuals rose to prominence based on their membership in a traditionally non-Republican group... not their intelligence.

Remember the Pizza Man they had back when this all started?

Yeah, he's just an anti-Choice, anti-Gay, anti-Science, Mormaniac.

I'm saying jettison the Kooks and watch the whole situation get better.

9. Phaze5ive

Phaze5ive

They need to quit associating themselves with those vocal, nutjob minorities; You know who I'm talking about. They need to realize that their values are more in line with those of America a few decades ago. God, gay marriage, and abortions need to go. Stick to their strong point: fiscal spending.

ETA: In the 2004 election, the Dems were whining left and right about how biased the polls were when they were trailing. The polls were right. The 2008 election showed Obama ahead by a pretty good margin. That poll was right also. Now it's the Republican's turn to whine I suppose, and some people on this forum are doing a pretty good job of downright denying reality too.

10. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Agreed.

11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I would say build a Way-Back Machine, go back to May of 2012 and put their heart and soul into winning both houses of Congress in earnest. How did they forget this??? Maybe even build a REAL CWA-2 and then EXECUTE it.

They mess this up and screw up the Senate, they have 2 years to STFU and get in line. And even then, it won't matter enough. It'll take 4 years to even begin the dig-out.

12. Goaltender66

Is he running as one?

He's not running as a guy who will ban abortion (though there is a significant bloc out there who would either prefer abortion go back to state control by vacating RvW, so being anti-abortion is not the vote-getter you seem to think it is), opposing gay "marriage" is not a fringe social con issue, thinking global warming is a crock of crap is not being anti-Science, and it's not very conservative to cast aspersions on someone's religion as you have.

But hey, I'm interested in hearing specifics. So what, exactly, makes Romney "anti-science" in a way that traces right back to social conservatives?

13. GAFinch

GAFinch

The "Christian Taliban" Republicans can't get elected? Someone should tell that to George W Bush. It is a shame that all those gay people were burned at the stake like that...lost an old college friend to that. By the way, I saw some girls walking out of the local school yesterday...when were they allowed back in? I must've missed that.

14. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

These contradictions are part of the problem- he opposes "assault weapon" ownership, but promises not to do anything about it. He opposes abortion, but promises not to do anything about it. He created American socialized medicine, but promises to repeal Obamacare.

Maybe once he has power, you put him in front of the right audience and he changes his mind...

:dunno:

Anti Stem Cell research for one...

15. oldman11

oldman11

If Romney doesn't win this could be the last election in America; that is until we take it back from the Muslim leadership.

16. Goaltender66

The US voter doesn't give a darn about contradictions, else Obama wouldn't have been elected.

Anti embryonic stem cell research, and it's a very defensible argument to be opposed to harvesting embryos for stem cells. Hell, even Clinton didn't support it.

What else?

17. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Hahahaha!!! I don't think Obama is a muslim, otherwise he won't go after the ME countries.

18. devildog2067

devildog2067

Most of the country is IN the middle. That's why it's called the middle. Those at the ends are called "extremists" and for good reason.

19. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

If Romney were to win, do I have to worry about the Feds regulating how booze will be sold and when ala Utah?

Not being able to get booze at any time of the day is more worrisome to me than the economy or the war on terror or drilling for oil or abortion or UN treaties.

20. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

***If Berry wins.......Through cheating....Ignorance of the Entitled ...lies..."open borders".....no voter ID...free
    phones Cr@p...

All I can say is...Good night, and good luck! Transformation will continue...